Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Home and End keys disabled
Home and End keys disabled [message #1105542] Tue, 10 September 2013 01:41 Go to next message
Ash H is currently offline Ash HFriend
Eclipse Kepler, clean install, Windows 7 64bit.

Just wondering if this is a known issue or not.

In a bizarre twist I have found that when Content Assist breaks by typing

Color c =new Color(

(see this Post for details) the Home and End keys are also disabled. I am no longer able to use these keys to jump to begin/end of the current line or file.

If I close the current java file and re-open it, Home/End now work again.

Losing the Home/End keys and having to close and reopen a file to get them back is painful. Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: Home and End keys disabled [message #1117091 is a reply to message #1105542] Thu, 26 September 2013 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Cannon is currently offline Jason CannonFriend
Hey Ash,

Just wanted to confirm that I too am having this problem. Does anyone have a solution for this?
Re: Home and End keys disabled [message #1118272 is a reply to message #1117091] Fri, 27 September 2013 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andy Seaborne is currently offline Andy SeaborneFriend
Same here - it started yesterday on one of the machines I use. Another, same setup as near as I can ever get them, is fine. Both have had all updates applied.
Re: Home and End keys disabled [message #1121300 is a reply to message #1118272] Mon, 30 September 2013 13:30 Go to previous message
Andy Seaborne is currently offline Andy SeaborneFriend
Some further information:

1. If this started happening for a file, then closing the editor did not fix it for me. Only exiting and restarting Eclipse restored correct behaviour.

2. Now that it had started happening at all, it was quite frequent. A few minutes of activity and it reappeared.

3. It is possibly related to use of control-space. This is an impression, and not systematically tested.

4. I reinstalled a fresh Kepler-SR1, reinstalled fresh copies of plugins (I only use a few, for eason of performance and reinstalling ...) and so far (a few hours) it has not reoccured.
Previous Topic:Necessity of eclipse packages
Next Topic:Spelling check by JDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:03:04 GMT 2024