Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Can't start testexec (AUT Agent: connection to server failed.)(I am trying to use testexec with a config.xml. But all this parameters just confuse me.)
Can't start testexec (AUT Agent: connection to server failed.) [message #1102972] Fri, 06 September 2013 08:57 Go to next message
Alexander Hoffmann is currently offline Alexander HoffmannFriend
Hello to everybody visiting this thread,

I am trying to write a .bat and XML file to run Jubula tests with Jenkins. However, I can't get testexec to work.

I try to run a testsuite from the local embedded database with the local AUT Agent.
My first question: What should I use? autconfig or autid parameter?
Second Question: What should I use? dburl or dbscheme?
Third Question: What is the datadir for? I know it is for testdata, but where do I find it? I am not even sure if I have testdata right now. Can I leave it empty?

This is my testexecConfig.xml right now (I tried a bunch of combinations and values, nothing worked so far):
<configuration>
    <project>myProject</project>
    <version>1.0</version>
    <autconfig>myProjectAUT</autconfig>  <dburl>jdbc:h2:~/.jubula/database/embedded;MVCC=TRUE;AUTO_SERVER=TRUE;DB_CLOSE_ON_EXIT=FALSE</dburl> 
    <!-- <dbscheme>Default Embedded (H2)</dbscheme> -->
    <dbuser>sa</dbuser>
    <dbpw></dbpw>
    <server>localhost</server>
    <port>6000</port>
    <language>de_DE</language>
    <testsuite><entry>EXP VW 001</entry></testsuite>  
    <datadir>C:\Users\ahoffman\workspace\Jubula</datadir>
    <resultdir>C:\Users\ahoffmann\Desktop</resultdir>
    <data>C:\Users\ahoffmann\workspace\Jubula</data>
</configuration>

Even this simple configuration doesn't work. The AUT agent is running and Jubula can connect to it (but during the test, it's disconnected).I get this output:
C:\Users\ahoffmann\workspace\Jubula>"C:\Program Files\jubula_7.1.00054\jubula\testexec" -c C:\Users\ahoffmann\Desktop\testexecConfig.xml
Fri Sep 06 10:33:27 CEST 2013   Using configuration file:
        C:\Users\ahoffmann\Desktop\testexecConfig.xml
Fri Sep 06 10:34:02 CEST 2013   AUT Agent:      Connecting to "localhost:6000" ...
Fri Sep 06 10:34:03 CEST 2013   AUT Agent:      connection to server failed.
!!Error occurred !!
        Connection to AUT Agent could not be established.
!!Error occurred !!
        Connection to AUT Agent has been unexpectedly lost during test execution
Fri Sep 06 10:34:03 CEST 2013   Exit:           Code 1

In addition, testexec creates a workspace folder inside my 'workspace\Jubula' workspace. I already changed the workspace path to 'workspace\Jubula\workspace' and copied the .bat file in Jubula to prevent this workspace creation every time.

The next step would be to create a connection to the Jubula database on which I work and get the testsuite from there. But so far I would be happy if even the local configuration would work.
Re: Can't start testexec (AUT Agent: connection to server failed.) [message #1103002 is a reply to message #1102972] Fri, 06 September 2013 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Hoffmann is currently offline Alexander HoffmannFriend
Damn, I fixed it and it is embarrasing
(This coding_love() gif describes it pretty good)
I just realised, that I try to connect to port 6000 instead of 60000...

However, it would be great if someone could answer on my three questions since the documentation doesn't give me a clear answer.
Re: Can't start testexec (AUT Agent: connection to server failed.) [message #1110784 is a reply to message #1103002] Tue, 17 September 2013 10:24 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hilarious gif Smile

To your questions:
If you're starting a test suite -> use autconfig.
Dburl means you don't have to enter the workspace on the command line, so it's usually preferable
The datadir is for any external data files (excel) required by the test. It's usually superfluous but it's unfortunately not optional.

This is also mentioned in the docu here.

Hope that helps!
Alex
Previous Topic:Object mappings not working when migrating to Jubula 2.0
Next Topic:Problem by deploying the fragment for the AUT extension
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:01:02 GMT 2024