Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Eclipse Generation Factories (EGF) » Migrate transformation sequence implemented in Java to EGF?
Migrate transformation sequence implemented in Java to EGF? [message #1100772] Tue, 03 September 2013 15:13
Niels Brouwers is currently offline Niels BrouwersFriend
Hi all,

we have currently developed a number of transformation sequences in Java. Within each transformation sequence, QVTO transformations are executed in sequence. Judging from what I've read about the framework so far, it seems that it provides everything we need. However, before we can start investigating the benefits and costs of migration to EGF, I have a couple of questions which can hopefully been answered (not an awfull lot of activity in this forum)

1. Is it possible to execute the generation chain outside of the Eclips environment. And by this, I mean executing it in a plain Java environment.
  2. How will the performance of EGF be in comparison with an identical transformation chain implemented in Java?
  3. Are QVTO and EmfText tasks part of the standard EGF portfolio? Is there a list of standard tasks?
  4. Is the project still alive?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Niels Brouwers.
Previous Topic:egf status?
Next Topic:Example for M2M transformation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 17 19:31:10 GMT 2018