Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Experiences with Eclipse Scout hosting?
Experiences with Eclipse Scout hosting? [message #1096253] Wed, 28 August 2013 06:22 Go to next message
Marcus Fihlon is currently offline Marcus FihlonFriend

Good morning,

has anyone experiences with providers which are able to host Eclipse Scout projects? I'm searching for a new provider to publish scout projects and I would like to hear from your own experiences.

Thank you
Marcus
Re: Experiences with Eclipse Scout hosting? [message #1097045 is a reply to message #1096253] Thu, 29 August 2013 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
A Scout application doesn't need anything specific. Scout runs on a lot of Java application server (Tomcat, Jetty, GlassFish...).

We see a lot of in-house deployment (a lot of companies still like to deploy their software in house).

If you are referring to Cloud provider:
- We have just deployed the demo application at RUN@CloudBees. (this is an experiment, nothing productive ready)
- Chris Monty in the forum is experimenting on OpenShift (see his topic)

I am not aware of other experiment, but like you I love to hear some feedback.

Re: Experiences with Eclipse Scout hosting? [message #1097429 is a reply to message #1097045] Thu, 29 August 2013 18:06 Go to previous message
Chris Monty is currently offline Chris MontyFriend
Yes, OpenShift is functional (though it does require some configuration) and is free for small applications. I'm not using it for anything productive though. Just a toy/demo app.
Previous Topic:Newbie : Creating an ordinary java class within Scout
Next Topic:Bookmark Service use cases
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:44:04 GMT 2024