Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » scout wiki export to pdf
scout wiki export to pdf [message #1094371] Sun, 25 August 2013 15:52 Go to next message
Chris Snow is currently offline Chris SnowFriend
Is it possible to export the scout wiki to pdf so that I can read it on my tablet when I am offline?
Re: scout wiki export to pdf [message #1094762 is a reply to message #1094371] Mon, 26 August 2013 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
The Eclipse Wiki is a MediaWiki instance (same engine as Wikipedia). I am not sure if any export is proposed on the Eclipse Wiki.

You can plug every tool you find for MediaWiki on the Eclipse Wiki. Maybe a tablet reader already exists.

I had a look at the Wikitext project (provided by the Eclipse Mylyn Docs project). The idea was to concatenate different pages into the Eclipse Help format (HTML + XML Table of content). I know there is a PDF conversion with Apache fop and guys from Obeo to export to LaTeX.
My work (a prototype for the time being) is hosted on GitHub.

What are the pages you are interested in?

If you could sketch what you are expecting (how the wiki pages should be concatenated with each other into a single document). This could help.
Re: scout wiki export to pdf [message #1094802 is a reply to message #1094762] Mon, 26 August 2013 07:59 Go to previous message
Chris Snow is currently offline Chris SnowFriend
Thanks again for the info.

I'm interested in all pages on the scout wiki so that I can view them offline. I find the wiki very difficult to locate pages I am interested in, so I think a snapshot of everything would be required.

If you want an example of how export could work, have a look at how Atlassian confluence do it. Try this for an example (WSO2 ESB documentation):

1) Navigate to: http://docs.wso2.org/wiki/display/ESB470/Enterprise+Service+Bus+Documentation
2) On the top right, click Browse > Advanced
3) On the left, click PDF Export
Previous Topic:Unittesting with TestNG
Next Topic:SOA enabling a Scout Application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:20:29 GMT 2024