Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Debugging code generation
icon5.gif  Debugging code generation [message #1093779] Sat, 24 August 2013 16:56 Go to next message
Shelby Moore III is currently offline Shelby Moore IIIFriend
I am NOT referring to right-click on the .mwe2 and Run As... -> MWE Workflow.

I am asking how to debug the code generation in the Java, Xtend (or Scala in my case) debugger when saving the model file with the Xtext nature applied.

What I do now as instructed by the documentation tutorial is Run Configurations... -> Eclipse Application -> Launch Runtime Eclipse. This launches another instance of Eclipse, then I choose New -> Java Project, then New -> File with the file extension of my model, then Eclipse asks to apply the Xtext nature. I type in a model and save. The code generation occurs, but I don't see any way to set a breakpoint in my {ProjectName}Generator.xtend source.

Without the ability to debug some very extensive source code for the code generation, I would view Xtext as severely handicapped. Surely there must be a way to do it? Yet I found nothing by googling nor searching this forum.
Re: Debugging code generation [message #1093786 is a reply to message #1093779] Sat, 24 August 2013 17:12 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi you have to select Debug Configurations ...

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Previous Topic:Xtext model debug
Next Topic:URL in Xtext EMF model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:50:05 GMT 2024