Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Transposing data to show month-on-month variance(Converting rows of (monthly) historic data)
Transposing data to show month-on-month variance [message #1092481] Thu, 22 August 2013 21:29 Go to next message
Wheeler 77 is currently offline Wheeler 77Friend
Hi,

I am trying to produce a report that does the following (simplified example for illustrative purposes):

1. Take a data file containing historic energy consumption organised into 3 columns:

Energy Meter Name (100 Meters)
    Month (13 months)
    Consumption

The data is arranged with multiple rows of data for each Meter - i.e. 13 rows of consumption data for each of the 100 Meters (so a total of 1300 rows of data).

2. Producing an output report that shows the following

Column 1: Energy Meter Name
    Column 2: Consumption from most recent month (Month x)
    Column 3: Consumption from previous month (Month x -1)
    Column 4: Consumption from corresponding month from previous year (Month - 12)
    Column 5: Monthly variance (Column 2 - Column 3)
    Column 6: Annual variance (Column 2 - Column 4)

This would therefore equate to 100 lines of data. I am OK with Columns 5 and 6... but I am struggling to transpose the data to get Columns 2, 3 and 4. Any advice / ideas would be most welcome!!

Many thanks.
Re: Transposing data to show month-on-month variance [message #1093056 is a reply to message #1092481] Fri, 23 August 2013 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You might take a look at these devShare posts from BIRT Exchange:

BIRT Exchange DevShare - Transposed Data Sets

AND

BIRT Exchange DevShare - Transposing Data

Hope these help. Let me know if they don't, I'll take a closer look at helping you transform your data.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Transposing data to show month-on-month variance [message #1321483 is a reply to message #1093056] Tue, 29 April 2014 10:07 Go to previous message
Syed Shah is currently offline Syed ShahFriend
Hi,

In the example submitted by mblock, I cannot see the script for the scripted data source. I am using eclipse BIRT designer to open it. Can you please help me

Arif
Previous Topic:BIRT designer questions
Next Topic:&__action=print not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:12:27 GMT 2024