Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » How to dis-associate Text Editor from Custom Content type
How to dis-associate Text Editor from Custom Content type [message #1091257] Wed, 21 August 2013 08:48
Asha Ramegowda is currently offline Asha RamegowdaFriend
Hi,

We have a Custom Graphical Editor say MyEditor with a custom Content-type binding, lets say, MyContentType. This content type is of base-type="org.eclipse.core.runtime.text".

It appears that, the latest versions of Eclipse would always open the content of our files, in both our custom Editor i.e, MyEditor and the default Eclipse Text Editor although there is no explicit code is written to open MyContentType in default Text Editor. From Eclipse 3.7 onward, as far as I have noticed. It works perfectly fine and opens MyContentType only in MyEditor in our legacy application built on Eclipse 3.2.

I am looking for programmatic dis-association of this Text Editor. Although, there is an option in the preferences page to change this, at the moment by default MyContentType is associated with MyEditor and TextEditor and both are locked! Hence there is no workaround to remove the Text Editor Association with MyContentType. Also it appears that, making MyEditor as the default Editor for MyContentType does not help resolve this problem.

Kindly let me know, if we can configure it in the plugin.xml? If so, what are the properties/attributes? If not is there any API using which we can do the same in Java?

Thanks in advance.
Previous Topic:CommandHandler and HandlerProxy
Next Topic:Java RMI - Eclipse Plugins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:09:17 GMT 2024