Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Change launch directory for all files at once(I want to change the default launch directory of Eclipse)
Change launch directory for all files at once [message #1090804] Tue, 20 August 2013 17:06 Go to next message
Mike Bonhoff is currently offline Mike BonhoffFriend
Hallo,

when I launch a PHP program Eclipse always asks me where I want to launch the file. I don't know why Eclipse asks me that question. Because in the editor window Eclipse is able to display the code of the file so it must be able to locate it. The file is located /var/www/mediawiki-1.16.5/KE/datenbankanfrage.php. And every time I want to run a file inside that KE-folder he offers me the possiblity localhost/KE/datenbankanfrage (localhost is the same as /var/www) as shown in the first attached screenshot.

But the location should be localhost/mediawiki-1.16.5/KE/datenbankanfrage as shown in the second attached file.

So I always have to change that for every file I want to run inside that KE-project (=KE-folder) again. Isn't there a possibility to change that directory in a central place. The Run->Rund Configurations...-settings gives me the possibiliy to change the directory for a file. But there are only those files shown on the left side which I ran before (shown in the 3rd attached screenshot).

I think I made some bad settings when I used Eclipse earlier but I thought those settings (like telling which folder to use) could be changed later.

I have googled the problem but I didn't find an answer to the question (in the case of one google query I found a post where someone wanted to run the same file by just using a shortcut).

Is there a possibity to declare the folder only once.
Thank you for every help!

Re: Change launch directory for all files at once [message #1090815 is a reply to message #1090804] Tue, 20 August 2013 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 8/20/2013 11:06 AM, Mike Bonhoff wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> when I launch a PHP program Eclipse always asks me where I want to launch the file. I don't know why Eclipse asks me that question. Because in the editor window Eclipse is able to display the code of the file so it must be able to locate it. The file is located /var/www/mediawiki-1.16.5/KE/datenbankanfrage.php. And every time I want to run a file inside that KE-folder he offers me the possiblity localhost/KE/datenbankanfrage (localhost is the same as /var/www) as shown in the first attached screenshot.
>
> But the location should be localhost/mediawiki-1.16.5/KE/datenbankanfrage as shown in the second attached file.
>
> So I always have to change that for every file I want to run inside that KE-project (=KE-folder) again. Isn't there a possibility to change that directory in a central place. The Run->Rund Configurations...-settings gives me the possibiliy to change the directory for a file. But there are only those files shown on the left side which I ran before (shown in the 3rd attached screenshot).
>
> I think I made some bad settings when I used Eclipse earlier but I thought those settings (like telling which folder to use) could be changed later.
>
> I have googled the problem but I didn't find an answer to the question (in the case of one google query I found a post where someone wanted to run the same file by just using a shortcut).
>
> Is there a possibity to declare the folder only once.
> Thank you for every help!

This is more of a PHP-slanted question. You'll likely get quicker or
even better help in the Eclipse PDT forum.
Re: Change launch directory for all files at once [message #1090932 is a reply to message #1090815] Tue, 20 August 2013 21:20 Go to previous message
Mike Bonhoff is currently offline Mike BonhoffFriend
Thank you for your advice: I posted it on the following link:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1090931/#msg_1090931

Please post replies there!

Thank you!
Previous Topic:Error with Java Version
Next Topic:Insufficient access privileges to apply this update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:15:33 GMT 2024