Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Integration of the KIELER Framework(Problems with Maven Tycho and alignment of KIELER on my datamodel)  () 1 Vote
Integration of the KIELER Framework [message #1090462] Tue, 20 August 2013 07:00 Go to next message
Juliane Mueller is currently offline Juliane MuellerFriend
Dear all,

I've found the KIELER-Framework and it looks very interesting. Especially in cooperation with the graphiti-framework it would be very useful for me.
But I have some problems to integrate KIELER into my application. At first I want to tell you my scenario:

I've created an Eclipse RCP-application with an own datamodel and graphiti diagrams representing it. I use Maven Tycho. In my target platform I've added the KIELER-Updatesite and selected all needed Elements (all without optional in the end). Do I need all or less of them, when I just want to use it to layout my graphiti diagrams? I've found no solution in the help.
Then I've added all plug-Ins from KIELER to the .product file. Afterwards I've wanted to run the "Maven Build" with "clean install" as goals, but everytime an exception is thrown. Maven can't find "com.google.guava.runtime.feature.feature.group 8.0.0". I don't find this plug-In on the Updatesite. Where should I get it? Do you have any idea?

My next problem is to integrate KIELER into my diagram. I've created the diagrams automatically and want to layout them automatically, too. Therefor I've created a LayoutFeature, but I don't know how to integrate KIELER? Also only a few elements of my diagram, differed by the ObjectModels behind the pictogramElements, should be arrayed. Other ones should be ignored. How can I define these elements? Do you have any example, tutorial or something like this?

I'm looking forward for your reply!

Best regards,
Juliane
Re: Integration of the KIELER Framework [message #1092771 is a reply to message #1090462] Fri, 23 August 2013 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Juliane Mueller is currently offline Juliane MuellerFriend
I've solved the problem with maven. For Graphiti only the plugin for KIELER integration in Graphiti is needed. For the com.google.guava plugin I've found an updatesite. This url is: http://guava-osgi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repository/ .

But there are still some problems with the alignment of KIELER to my own datamodel. In the eTrice project I've seen that they've implemented theyr own type of GaphitiDiagramLayoutManager. I've made the same. But when I want to define my own manager in the extension "de.cau.cs.kieler.kiml.ui.layoutManagers" no manager could be defined, like you can see in the picture.

Am I on the right way? Does anyone of you has an idea how to solve the problem?

I'm really looking forward for your reply!
Best regards, Juliane
Re: Integration of the KIELER Framework [message #1095023 is a reply to message #1092771] Mon, 26 August 2013 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Juliane,

maybe you should post that question rather to a KIELER forum (not sure if
they have one though)?

Michael
Re: Integration of the KIELER Framework [message #1096262 is a reply to message #1092771] Wed, 28 August 2013 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hallvard Traetteberg is currently offline Hallvard TraettebergFriend
Hi,

As you seem to have understood, you need to add an extension for the
extension point de.cau.cs.kieler.kiml.ui.layoutManagers and refer to an
implementation of IDiagramLayoutManager, usually a subclass of
GraphitiDiagramLayoutManager. Here's how the extension is defined in my
plugin.xml:

<extension point="de.cau.cs.kieler.kiml.ui.layoutManagers">
<manager
class="org.ptolemy.graphiti.generic.kieler.ActorDiagramLayoutManager"/>
</extension>

In your subclass you will typically override the supports method, to
make the layout apply to your specific objects.

public boolean supports(Object pictogramElement) { ... }

Note that this method is not called on you domain objects, but on some
graphical object (PictogramElement), so you may need to lookup the
underlying domain object. It may be that the existing implementation
works for you, in case you do not necessarily need to create your own
subclass.

The default implementation includes code for navigating through the
shapes to figure out what are the nodes and edges. You may have to
override this code, too.

Hallvard

On 23.08.13 09.17, Juliane Mueller wrote:
> I've solved the problem with maven. For Graphiti only the plugin for KIELER integration in Graphiti is needed. For the com.google.guava plugin I've found an updatesite. This url is: http://guava-osgi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repository/ .
>
> But there are still some problems with the alignment of KIELER to my own datamodel. In the eTrice project I've seen that they've implemented theyr own type of GaphitiDiagramLayoutManager. I've made the same. But when I want to define my own manager in the extension "de.cau.cs.kieler.kiml.ui.layoutManagers" no manager could be defined, like you can see in the picture.
>
> Am I on the right way? Does anyone of you has an idea how to solve the problem?
>
> I'm really looking forward for your reply!
> Best regards, Juliane
>
Re: Integration of the KIELER Framework [message #1425998 is a reply to message #1096262] Thu, 18 September 2014 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anudeep arya is currently offline anudeep aryaFriend
Hi,

I am trying to integrate keiler into my graphiti.I created an extension point and provided a layout manager .(i used default graphiti layout manager as i didn't have the need to subclass it).Now which method in the manager does the function of navigating through the shapes to figure out what are the nodes and edges.

In brief how do i pass the domain objects or graphiti graphical elements for the manager to layout.

Regards,
Anudeep
Re: Integration of the KIELER Framework [message #1426840 is a reply to message #1425998] Fri, 19 September 2014 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anudeep arya is currently offline anudeep aryaFriend
Hello Hallvard,

Can you please provide some insight on how to integrate kieler into graphiti.I need this urgently.

Regards,
Anudeep
Re: Integration of the KIELER Framework [message #1690885 is a reply to message #1090462] Tue, 31 March 2015 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simone Di Cola is currently offline Simone Di ColaFriend
Hi all,
is there any news about it?
I understood how to use the extension point, and how to extend the IDiagramLayoutManager<T> class provided by KIELER. The problem is that I really do not know how to simply say: "given this diagram, layout it as a tree".

Can anyone help me with that? This is the class that needs to be implemented:

public class LayoutManager implements IDiagramLayoutManager<T> {

@Override
	public boolean supports(Object object) {
 	return true;
	}

@Override
	public LayoutMapping<T> buildLayoutGraph(IWorkbenchPart workbenchPart, Object diagramPart) {
		return null;

}

@Override
	public void applyLayout(LayoutMapping<T> mapping, boolean zoomToFit, int animationTime) {
	}

@Override
	public void undoLayout(LayoutMapping<T> mapping) {
		// TODO Auto-generated method stub

}

@Override
	public IMutableLayoutConfig getDiagramConfig() {
		// TODO Auto-generated method stub
		return null;
	}

Thanks for your time and attention
Simone
Re: Integration of the KIELER Framework [message #1722235 is a reply to message #1690885] Wed, 03 February 2016 15:07 Go to previous message
Abhishek Chakraborty is currently offline Abhishek ChakrabortyFriend

You need to extend the de.cau.cs.kieler.kiml.graphiti.GraphitiDiagramLayoutManager class , rather than implementing yours own.

Now to introduce your nodes and edges to the LayoutManager you can override these and check if it works for you.
protected void buildLayoutGraphRecursively(LayoutMapping<PictogramElement> mapping, ContainerShape parentElement,KNode parentNode)

protected KNode createNode(final LayoutMapping<PictogramElement> mapping, final KNode parentNode, final Shape shape)

protected KEdge createEdge(final LayoutMapping<PictogramElement> mapping, final Connection connection)

Regards,
Abhishek Chakraborty
Previous Topic:can not save connection Feature
Next Topic:Reload Editor from different EditorInput for Save As
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:53:54 GMT 2024