Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » SVN on Kepler??(Problems getting it to function)
SVN on Kepler?? [message #1089339] Sun, 18 August 2013 15:25 Go to next message
John Moore is currently offline John MooreFriend
Previously ran SVN in Indigo without issues. I decided to update to Kepler and have been trying to get SVN setup. Based on all of the documentation I can find I have it setup (no errors) the problem is that it is not recognizing the SVN properties of my projects and I don't see any way to get it to link.(Clicking "Team" only shows the menu item "Apply Patch"). The Preferences for SVN is totally different from Indigo so I can't match that either.. Clearly I'm missing something..

Mac OSX 10.8.4
Kepler 4.3
SVN 1.8.1 (svn --version in terminal, native to OSX)
JavaHL 1.10.x (MacPorts)
Using PDT perspective

Thank you for any suggestions or direction...

John..
Re: SVN on Kepler?? [message #1089710 is a reply to message #1089339] Mon, 19 August 2013 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Moore is currently offline John MooreFriend
Ok... I kept pounding on this and finally got it working.. What a nightmare. There are so many instructions out there that it is hard to know which are the correct instructions and which are... ????

Anyway for anyone else out there I finally got to the link at polarion.com. (this forum won't let me post the link, sorry..) which I now remember from my Indigo install..(many years ago) Followed those instructions and now it seems to be working (needs testing).. The frustration is that I really don't know what of all the things I installed were required and what was a false lead.. For example: did I really need to install javaHL..??

John..
Re: SVN on Kepler?? [message #1114414 is a reply to message #1089710] Sun, 22 September 2013 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
Hello John,

There is a page regarding installation process: http://www.eclipse.org/subversive/installation-instructions.php

If it isn't helpful enough, you're welcome to suggest what should be changed in order to make the instruction more user-friendly.
Re: SVN on Kepler?? [message #1114989 is a reply to message #1114414] Mon, 23 September 2013 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bruno D. Rodrigues is currently offline Bruno D. RodriguesFriend
Apologise for hijacking this thread but I'm having a similar problem and albeit I have some additional information, I can't find out a way to solve this.

My machine is also a Mac, a freshly installed Mountain Lion fully updated, and the latest Eclipse Kepler as of today, the 23th Sep.

I've grabbed Kepler standard, Mac 64 bit, and then manually installed subversion and maven via the Kepler install site. I'm almost sure everything was working last week and my projects were showing the SVN information and the SVN menu was showing all items as Juno, everything from commit, update, the compare with latest version, etc.

Today I've started Eclipse and got presented the "Subversive Connector Discovery" dialog, and a not so nice "Connector discovery completed without finding any connectors. Please check your Internet connection and try again".

On my worspace's log file I see this:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnnature 4 0 2013-09-23 14:34:19.725
!MESSAGE SVN: 'org.eclipse.team.svn.core.discovery.model.RemoteBundleDiscoveryStrategy$DownloadBundleJob' operation finished with error
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnnature 4 0 2013-09-23 14:34:19.725
!MESSAGE SVN: 'org.eclipse.team.svn.core.discovery.model.RemoteBundleDiscoveryStrategy$DownloadBundleJob' operation finished with error: Cannot download bundle at h t t p ://community.polarion.com/projects/subversive/download/eclipse/3.0/discovery/org.eclipse.team.svn.discovery-1.0.0.I20120818-1700.jar
!STACK 0
java.lang.Exception: Cannot download bundle at h t t p ://community.polarion.com/projects/subversive/download/eclipse/3.0/discovery/org.eclipse.team.svn.discovery-1.0.0.I20120818-1700.jar
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.discovery.model.RemoteBundleDiscoveryStrategy$DownloadBundleJob.exec(RemoteBundleDiscoveryStrategy.java:159)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.discovery.model.RemoteBundleDiscoveryStrategy.performDiscovery(RemoteBundleDiscoveryStrategy.java:88)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.discovery.model.ConnectorDiscovery.performDiscovery(ConnectorDiscovery.java:108)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.ui.discovery.wizards.ConnectorDiscoveryWizardMainPage$16.run(ConnectorDiscoveryWizardMainPage.java:1172)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to create temporary file
at java.io.File$TempDirectory.generateFile(File.java:1891)
at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1979)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.discovery.model.RemoteBundleDiscoveryStrategy$DownloadBundleJob.exec(RemoteBundleDiscoveryStrategy.java:142)
... 4 more

My disk has free space, my temp folder has the right permissions, I can see the two temporary folders created (RemoteBundleDiscoveryStrategy8556944144819024996.tmp/.rcache/), my internet connection is working perfectly (or at least I can download that URL without any problems), and fs_usage doesn't show anything I can identify - I see the unlink, mkdir of the RemoveBundle folder, the mkdir of the .rcache, and right after the write into the .log file with the message above.

I've tried to fully remove my eclipse application folder and the whole .metadata workspace and start from scratch, same error.

I've tried installing the subversive package directly from polarion. Didn't work because it tells me the package are already installed.

I have no ideas now besides rolling back to a previous Eclipse version.
Re: SVN on Kepler?? [message #1117829 is a reply to message #1114989] Thu, 26 September 2013 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Schwab is currently offline Florian SchwabFriend
Same problem with Kepler for Java EE under Windows 8.1.

Checked the permissions for following folders:

C:\Development\eclipse
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp
C:\Development\workspace

and also started Eclipse with admin rights, but the problem still exists.
Re: SVN on Kepler?? [message #1121355 is a reply to message #1117829] Mon, 30 September 2013 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bozo Ivetic is currently offline Bozo IveticFriend
I had the same problem.
If you have JDK 7u40 then he is the one causing the problem. Bug Report.

Solution for me was to revert back to JDK 7u25 and maven->discovery Open Catalog is working again.
Re: SVN on Kepler?? [message #1123359 is a reply to message #1121355] Wed, 02 October 2013 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bibi Bibi is currently offline Bibi BibiFriend
With Win64/Windows 8 and Java 7u40, and using http://www.eclipse.org/subversive/installation-instructions.php (thanks Alexander), it worked for me.
Re: SVN on Kepler?? [message #1127452 is a reply to message #1114989] Sun, 06 October 2013 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
Thank you for reporting the issue, hovewer it would be better to report those things on the Eclipse Bugzilla, since it will be easier to track. So, I created the task for this exact problem with connectors discovery failure:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=418768
Re: SVN on Kepler?? [message #1127469 is a reply to message #1127452] Sun, 06 October 2013 18:25 Go to previous message
Bibi Bibi is currently offline Bibi BibiFriend
Thanks for doing this, in fact the issue doesn't seem to be related to the hardware as I'm using Window 8 64 bits.
Previous Topic:SVN + RSE
Next Topic:Outgoing changes but nothing to commit?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:24:33 GMT 2024