Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Debugging: Changing the value-content inside the "Variables"-view when facing a class
Debugging: Changing the value-content inside the "Variables"-view when facing a class [message #1087115] Thu, 15 August 2013 06:38
Mike M is currently offline Mike MFriend
Hi,

i hope, i'm managing to explain my problem proberbly.

When debugging, i'm often facing classes with a couple of member-variables. Many of them aren't needed to be debugged, because they are part of a technical solution.
So when i use the "Variables"-view, i see on the one side a list of defined variables. If one of the variables is a class, its shown value is the classname. Usually you know that, so this information is useless. If you want to see a value of one of it's members you must open the element and search for the variabel of interesst. I would prefer to see a formated string of the members of this class, so you can analyse the state of a class much faster.

Debugging with Java gives the opportunity to use the "toString"-Method to get a well-formed output to the "Variables"-view.

So the question is:
Is there any opportunity to change the content of the shown value of classes.

Thanks
Mike

If there was already a topic like this. Just point me there. I didn't exactly know what keywords to use.
Previous Topic:Problem with background-image
Next Topic:Run as PHP Web Page not working.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:49:37 GMT 2024