Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » Basic instructions to setup egit to get source(Need basic instructions on how to setup egit to get copy of source)
Basic instructions to setup egit to get source [message #1086430] Wed, 14 August 2013 07:40 Go to next message
Flavelle Ballem is currently offline Flavelle BallemFriend
Hi,

I am new to egit. I would like to get a copy of the EPF source so that I can look at the source and learn.

I have eclipse kepler and egit on my workstation (ubuntu 12.04). I would be most grateful if someone could point me to basic instructions, including the specific values that I have to set in order to get the copy.

Thanks,
Re: Basic instructions to setup egit to get source [message #1086941 is a reply to message #1086430] Thu, 15 August 2013 00:06 Go to previous message
Flavelle Ballem is currently offline Flavelle BallemFriend
I found this page: http://wiki.eclipse.org/EPF_Git_Repositories on which the git repositories are listed.

There is one error - the repository listed as git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/epf/org.eclipse.epf.epfcomposer.git should be git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/epf/org.eclipse.epf.composer.git

So, in the Git Repository Explorer, I open the Clone a Git Repository option. When it is open, copy the full URL from the Wiki page into the URI field of the Git Repository dialog. Continue. When the repositories are displayed, I deselected all, then selected the master for each of the repositories. I also chose to clone the sub folders.

Not sure that I got all of the right stuff, but I have enough for me to look at.
Previous Topic:EPF richtext editor on Eclipse Kepler
Next Topic:amd64 version of epf-composer?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:31:18 GMT 2024