Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Use Build Output Parser (BOP) to find include path(What are the settings needed for this to work?)
Use Build Output Parser (BOP) to find include path [message #1082383] Thu, 08 August 2013 13:53 Go to next message
Martin Stolpe is currently offline Martin StolpeFriend
Hello,

I'm trying to setup CDT so that I can work on a little kernel driver tutorial I've found.

CDT offers the "Build Output Parser (BOP)" options which is supposed to extract the include paths from the build output.

What options do I have to set for this to work with gnu make and gcc? Unfortunately I haven't found anything on the internet about this topic.

I'm currently using CDT 8.2.0.

Regards
Martin

[Updated on: Thu, 08 August 2013 15:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Use Build Output Parser (BOP) to find include path [message #1082495 is a reply to message #1082383] Thu, 08 August 2013 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Gvozdev is currently offline Andrew GvozdevFriend
Try http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Fconcepts%2Fcdt_c_scanner_discovery.htm

Andrew
Re: Use Build Output Parser (BOP) to find include path [message #1082901 is a reply to message #1082495] Fri, 09 August 2013 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Stolpe is currently offline Martin StolpeFriend
Hi,

unfortunately I don't see any hints on how to configure CDT and the make and GCC command line parameters. I have uploaded the current project and build output with a screenshot of my current Build Output Parser settings.
Re: Use Build Output Parser (BOP) to find include path [message #1083107 is a reply to message #1082901] Fri, 09 August 2013 13:35 Go to previous message
Andrew Gvozdev is currently offline Andrew GvozdevFriend
It considers lines that start with "gcc" and end with C file being compiled. Your compile command is embedded into shell script. If you manage to print the compile command in build output on separate line it should parse it. Also, the C file has to be a part of the project.

Thanks,
Andrew
Previous Topic:Add default run-configuration on project create
Next Topic:ASTRewrite and Preprocessor Macros
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 19:53:15 GMT 2024