Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Hudson and MSBuild errors(MSBuild compiler errors don't prevent a build from succeeding)
Hudson and MSBuild errors [message #1081556] Wed, 07 August 2013 11:30 Go to next message
Ian Newborn is currently offline Ian NewbornFriend
I'm just in the process of deploying Hudson for the first time to manage the builds on a Windows based product.

I've installed the MSBuild plugin and got it to build on my remote slave but I've noticed that compiler errors don't cause the Hudson job to fail. This somewhat undermines the usefulness of the build server.

From my console output of the task,

[D:\Hudson\workspace\Integration\Sources\Project.vcxproj]

39 Warning(s)
4 Error(s)

Finished: SUCCESS

I've looked around but most of my searching on MSBuild errors brings me back to people with problems in MSBuild.

Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong with the MSBuild plugin?

Thanks
Re: Hudson and MSBuild errors [message #1081922 is a reply to message #1081556] Wed, 07 August 2013 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
That is weird. The build must fail. Can you share how you have configured your build in the job?

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: Hudson and MSBuild errors [message #1082180 is a reply to message #1081922] Thu, 08 August 2013 07:38 Go to previous message
Ian Newborn is currently offline Ian NewbornFriend
There is actually very little to it. Just a .proj file targeted by MSBuild, using the MSBuild extension. I was planning on moving up to something more complicated once I had the basics working.

At the moment I'm forced to use the text finder plugin to search the console output for errors and cause that to fail the build.
Previous Topic:Hudson changes between two builds
Next Topic:Hudson login issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:59:41 GMT 2024