Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Bulk Copy(Bulk copy of jobs)
Bulk Copy [message #1080335] Mon, 05 August 2013 20:14 Go to next message
Stuart Lorber is currently offline Stuart LorberFriend
Is there a plugin that will allow me to copy a group of jobs?

I thought there was a plugin that allowed a group of jobs to be copied from a list (multi-select) or via specifying a view.
Re: Bulk Copy [message #1080342 is a reply to message #1080335] Mon, 05 August 2013 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Foster is currently offline Bob FosterFriend
A quick search of Plugin Central doesn't turn anything up. Do you think that would be useful? How would you specify the names of the new plugins?
Re: Bulk Copy [message #1080345 is a reply to message #1080342] Mon, 05 August 2013 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe with a prefix before each job name or use a regular expression.

For 3.1.0 maybe the new team name.
Re: Bulk Copy [message #1080821 is a reply to message #1080345] Tue, 06 August 2013 12:07 Go to previous message
The use case I'm looking for is for when 3.1.0 comes out.

1) Set up a group of jobs for Project A.
2) Assign jobs to Project_A_Team.
3) Assign users to Project_A_Team (with appropriate permissions).

4) Project A now rolls out the door so I cut a branch for my production release.
5) Now I need a duplicate set of jobs for the original Project A (new development) and Project A (production support).

6) Project A has a developer working on implementing a big feature. The developer wants to work in a branch for a week or two and then merge into trunk.
7) Now I need a duplicate set of jobs for the developer to test their changes.

In these situations I'd like to be able to take a set of jobs assigned to Project_A_Team and copy them. I'd like to be able to create a new group (i.e. Project_A_Prod_Support_Team) and then copy all of the jobs from Project_A_Team over to this new project. This would results in having "duplicate" sets of jobs for different versions of my code.

Right now I'd have to copy each job individually and then manually assign them to a new project/team.

I might have 50, 60, 100 jobs so if I could do a copy of all of the jobs or a select set of jobs I could create a new environment in minutes.

[Updated on: Tue, 06 August 2013 12:09]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Hudson and AJP
Next Topic:Poll git via gitolite works, clone and fetch fail
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:49:40 GMT 2024