Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » how to determine what background network access is taking place?
how to determine what background network access is taking place? [message #1079915] Mon, 05 August 2013 08:29
Ted Mising name is currently offline Ted Mising nameFriend
Hi, is there a good way of determining what background network access is taking place?

I'm running kepler and it seems like there's almost always some background network activity taking place. The problem is when my network becomes laggy or flakey the entire eclipse system hangs or blocks on mystery background operations.

i.e. most recently I was uploading a 1gb file over a slow 3g network connection. The upload saturated my connection for about 2 hours. During those 2 hours my eclipse became completely dysfunctional to the point where I couldn't even save a file. It would just sit there with the save blocked waiting for a background operation to complete and there's no other operation listed in the dialog (other than the occasional attempt to refresh the work space which then also blocks).

I'd gone through the process of disabling all remote systems already, I'd also disabled all validations, but it seems like there's still mystery background threads running which check for things on the internet.

Anyone know of a good way of tracking down and killing off these background network accessors?
Previous Topic:Missing SetChanged notification
Next Topic:Activator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:29:31 GMT 2024