Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Undefined highlighting + contentassist behavior
Undefined highlighting + contentassist behavior [message #1079866] Mon, 05 August 2013 07:11
Malte Brunnlieb is currently offline Malte BrunnliebFriend
Hi everyone,

I manage to generate the xtext editor for some complex grammar for which I needed a custom lexer. The custom lexer is integrated into xtext by the very helpful CustomLexerFragment developed by Chris Ainsley (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/314100/1046465/#msg_1046465).

Now I got the following curious behavior:
1. After some lines of code, the highlighting is shifted by some characters
2. After some lines of code, the content assist seems to be broken or at least shifted some characters
3. After modifying the code, sometimes the highlighting & content assist returns to be synced with the source code, sometimes the opposite.

It looks like that the refreshing mechanisms do not work appropriately. Nevertheless, checking my custom lexer, the custom highlighting lexer and the custom content assist lexer by a small test case determines, that the source code is divided into tokens as intended.

Perhaps can anybody tell me, where to have a look at? Where might be a good point to set a break point to have a detailed look at the reparsing or refreshing mechanisms?
Any other idea, what I might have forgotten?
Previous Topic:Can I have multiple parsers and switch between parsers as per need
Next Topic:Xbase 2.4.2 - Using new JvmUnknownTypeReference
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:03:46 GMT 2024