Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Threading Job issue when Graphical editor has large number of editparts.
Threading Job issue when Graphical editor has large number of editparts. [message #1077086] Thu, 01 August 2013 08:24
Sanjeev Verma is currently offline Sanjeev VermaFriend
Hi all,

Please help me to find out the solution of a peculiar issue.
I have written a graphical editor having near about 200 editparts. Basically, this is a tree editor rendered using draw 2d figure.
This is a kind of complex figure and each node has following sub figures.
a. Rectangle figure,
b. Toggle
c. Label
d. Image
Issue is when this editor kept open then any UIJob gets the execution opportunity after long delay.
For example, when I perform 'File Search' operation using Search menu and at the same time this GEF editor is kept opened I notice long time to show the result in view.
I debugged and found that actually method runInUIThread of 'org.eclipse.search.ui.text.AbstractTextSearchViewPage.UpdateUIJob' runs after long delay.

One more experiment I did, when I reduced the editparts (corresponding to that figures also reduced) and see considerable amount of improvement in performance.
Please any one can suggest me the possible root cause and what should I do in editor to get immediate run the UI jobs.

Thanks and Regards,
Sanjeev
Previous Topic:Orphan Command not executed
Next Topic:[ZEST] png export
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:43:10 GMT 2024