Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » MWE generator can't find resource
MWE generator can't find resource [message #1076790] Wed, 31 July 2013 21:39 Go to next message
Erick Fonseca is currently offline Erick FonsecaFriend
I got most of my DSL working fine on a Windows environment, and then went to test it on Linux. As soon as I hit "Generate Language Infrastructure", I got an org.eclipse.xtext.resource.FileNotFoundOnClasspathException.FileNotFoundOnClasspathException. The MWE generator couldn't find my dsl.xtext file.

At first, I noticed that the name of the DSL file had an initial uppercase letter and the variable grammarURI inside my .mwe2 file did not. I changed the grammarURI, cleaned the workspace, but the problem continues.

The error I get is utterly caused by:

Caused by: org.eclipse.xtext.resource.FileNotFoundOnClasspathException: Couldn't find resource on classpath. URI was 'classpath:/my/company/Dsl.xtext'
	at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.ClassloaderClasspathUriResolver.findResourceOnClasspath(ClassloaderClasspathUriResolver.java:60)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.ClassloaderClasspathUriResolver.resolve(ClassloaderClasspathUriResolver.java:45)
	... 47 more

The URI is right, the .classpath file is right:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<classpath>
	<classpathentry kind="src" path="src"/>
	<classpathentry kind="src" path="src-gen"/>
	<classpathentry kind="src" path="xtend-gen"/>
	<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.pde.core.requiredPlugins"/>
	<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER"/>
	<classpathentry kind="output" path="bin"/>
</classpath>

I tried to create a new Xtext Hello World project, and it shows the same error if I change the grammarURI or the .xtext filename. But once I correct them, it works fine.

Any suggestions?
Re: MWE generator can't find resource [message #1076793 is a reply to message #1076790] Wed, 31 July 2013 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

sure you have build automatically on? and the file is copied to the bin folder?

~Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de

[Updated on: Wed, 31 July 2013 21:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MWE generator can't find resource [message #1076821 is a reply to message #1076793] Wed, 31 July 2013 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Build automatically is on, but the file wasn't copied to the bin folder. It worked when I changed the URI to "file:/full/path/to/Dsl.xtext", so I guess it's a classpath issue?
Re: MWE generator can't find resource [message #1076854 is a reply to message #1076821] Thu, 01 August 2013 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found the reason. I needed to create a src-gen directory, because without it, apparently the classpath verification didn't work (since src-gen is in the classpath).

The reason I didn't have a src-gen folder was because I pulled the project from my code repository, which ignore -gen folders. Now I added an empty file just to create them.
Re: MWE generator can't find resource [message #1076919 is a reply to message #1076821] Thu, 01 August 2013 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure there are no errors on the project?

--
Need training, onsite consulting or any other kind of help for Xtext?
Go visit http://xtext.itemis.com or send a mail to xtext at itemis dot de

Re: MWE generator can't find resource [message #1077465 is a reply to message #1076919] Thu, 01 August 2013 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, it works fine on both platforms now.
Re: MWE generator can't find resource [message #1220679 is a reply to message #1076919] Fri, 13 December 2013 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicolás Passerini is currently offline Nicolás PasseriniFriend
Hi, I have the exact same problem, I checked out a project from a Mercurial repository, with the *-gen folders ignored.

I tried to run de MWE2 workflow but it produces the same error:

Caused by: org.eclipse.xtext.resource.FileNotFoundOnClasspathException: Couldn't find resource on classpath. URI was 'classpath:/org/uqbar/research/languages/Base.xtext'
at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.ClassloaderClasspathUriResolver.findResourceOnClasspath(ClassloaderClasspathUriResolver.java:60)
at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.ClassloaderClasspathUriResolver.resolve(ClassloaderClasspathUriResolver.java:45)
... 47 more

I created the src-gen and xtend-gen source folders, but it did not solve my problem.

The project has errors?
Right, because there are ScopeProviders and other tools that can not be compiled if I do not generate the model classes first.

Re: MWE generator can't find resource [message #1220780 is a reply to message #1220679] Fri, 13 December 2013 14:44 Go to previous message
Hi,

i meant errors that prevents the eclipse compiler to copy the grammar (and other stuff) to the bin (or what ever the classes location is) in your case.

Previous Topic:How does this compare with other frameworks?
Next Topic:Trying to use JavaIoFileSystemAccess directly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:32:29 GMT 2024