Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Nested repositories problems with subversive plug-in(Nested repositories problems with subversive plug-in)
Nested repositories problems with subversive plug-in [message #1073946] Thu, 25 July 2013 20:23 Go to next message
Boris Novos is currently offline Boris NovosFriend

It looks like subversive plug-in can't handle nested repositories, it decorated all files and folders with red exclamation marks and not all SVN options are available on nested repositories folders. My setup:

Tried with indigo, juno, kepler on Windows XP, Windows 7

1. in eclipse created a project 'Parent Project' checking out contents of the folder 'A' from SVN 'repository 'rep1'
2. checkout folder 'B' into existing project 'Parent Project' from SVN 'repository 'rep2'

At this point folder 'B' and all files and folders under it decorated with red exclamation marks and 'synchronize' and other SVN options are disabled.

If I change files under folder 'B' and do run 'synchronize' from 'Parent Project' it will report changes under folder 'B' (but not always, only God knows why)

I played a bit with different options and observed:

1. If I disable svn 'cashing' in Windows Preferences Team SVN Performance all exclamation marks disappear and all SVN command options are present when right click on folder 'B'. But in this case performance truly becomes horrendous, we have thousands of files in project and they synchronized like in slow motion movies, one per second or so.
2. With caching on it seems that I can trick the subversive by setting some garbage property, like 'abc' to any value. At this point SVN cash refreshing and red marks go away and all SVN option available from bested B folder. After Eclipse restart everything is back to square one 'B' and everything under it in red exclamation marks. If I delete added garbage property added before restarting Eclipse ... voila ... red marks gone, SVN options on folder B back.

I can really recommend solutions like that for all developers in our team without supplementary box of aspirin, though seems like they are so frustrated that soon will be ready to invest into aspirin from their paychecks. Any idea is it subversive bug or what? How can I get rid of red marks without making it unusable performance wise? We just moved from CVS to SVN and so far with subversive it was an exercise in frustration.

Re: Nested repositories problems with subversive plug-in [message #1130990 is a reply to message #1073946] Thu, 10 October 2013 04:47 Go to previous message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
Hello,

If there is an exclamation marks it means that there is something wrong with the working copy. For example there are folders checked out from different repositories without paying attention to specifying svn:externals property or something around these lines. Well if it's wrong - then it's just wrong. I would like to recommend SVN red book, where it is described how to us SVN im the most profitable way.
Previous Topic:Outgoing changes but nothing to commit?
Next Topic:Conflict icon always when comparing models
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:42:24 GMT 2024