Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Eclipse detached from svn(For some reason Eclipse is no longer tracking a project via svn)
icon13.gif  Eclipse detached from svn [message #1072463] Mon, 22 July 2013 20:34 Go to next message
Carl Furst is currently offline Carl FurstFriend
Hey all,

I checked out a project via the SVN Repository Exploring perspective and at some point in time, the checkout was "detached" from svn in Eclipse?? is there a way to "re-attach" without having to delete the whole project and start over??

Thanks in advance,
Carl.
Re: Eclipse detached from svn [message #1076539 is a reply to message #1072463] Wed, 31 July 2013 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christoph WalterFriend
Have you updated the svn-metadata format to 1.8 by any chance? I hope not since this was causing a similar phenomena at my workspaces and 1.8 is not yet supportet by subversive.
If you only detached svn from the project and for instance are able to svn -u status from the commandline than it is easy to re-attach the project. Simply right click and hit "sharing". you might have to restart eclipse before doing so though.
icon7.gif  Re: Eclipse detached from svn [message #1076546 is a reply to message #1076539] Wed, 31 July 2013 15:07 Go to previous message
Carl Furst is currently offline Carl FurstFriend
Not sure what I did. I know that I was trying to edit this project via another eclipse on another machine and was setting up svn on that other machine and did... something.. Sorry.. should have mentioned that.

In any case, this worked! I am now reattached to my repository via eclipse! I hope that others can benefit from this info.

Thanks again for all your help!
Very Happy
Very Happy
Previous Topic:Kepler and SVN 1.8
Next Topic:SVN Connector does not show up!!!!!!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:37:08 GMT 2024