Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Auto Update RCP Product from 3.6 to 4.3(Is it possible to perform an auto-update from 3.6 to 4.2?)
Auto Update RCP Product from 3.6 to 4.3 [message #1072344] Mon, 22 July 2013 15:05 Go to next message
Domenico Raimondi is currently offline Domenico RaimondiFriend
Hello, I have a 3.6-based RCP product that is deployed across about 500 workstations in my company. At startup, the application automatically checks for updates on a local p2 repository and silently installs them if found. This works just fine.

However, I've currently migrated the code of the application to use Eclipse 4.3, and I've created a new p2 repo for it. However, during testing, the 3.6-based versions of the applications fail to update when checking against this new repository.

Is there a way to automatically perform this task, or will I need to ask all users to reinstall the application manually?

Thank you and best regards,
Dom
Re: Auto Update RCP Product from 3.6 to 4.3 [message #1075439 is a reply to message #1072344] Mon, 29 July 2013 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Domenico Raimondi is currently offline Domenico RaimondiFriend
Almost 2000 views on this topic and not one single reply! In the end the option (hack) I've chosen for is for my RCP application to detect its version at startup: if it's below a certain version, it will trigger a script which will reinstall the whole application from scratch instead of using P2.
Re: Auto Update RCP Product from 3.6 to 4.3 [message #1426938 is a reply to message #1075439] Fri, 19 September 2014 12:56 Go to previous message
David Lee is currently offline David LeeFriend
Domenico Raimondi wrote on Mon, 29 July 2013 08:40
Almost 2000 views on this topic and not one single reply! In the end the option (hack) I've chosen for is for my RCP application to detect its version at startup: if it's below a certain version, it will trigger a script which will reinstall the whole application from scratch instead of using P2.

Hi, Domenico,

I need auto-update mechanism too, please kindly give me a useful link about that.
Thank you so much!

Regards,

David

Previous Topic:MULTIIline preference StringFieldEditor anywhere?
Next Topic:Hibernate in RCP :Session not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:15:43 GMT 2024