Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Detecting when a previously broken build is fixed
Detecting when a previously broken build is fixed [message #1072296] Mon, 22 July 2013 13:30 Go to next message
Paul McGuire is currently offline Paul McGuireFriend
We're using Hudson to manage our builds and have a script that are triggered if a build fails. This is triggered by the 'Post Build task' plugin seeing the log text 'BUILD FAILURE' in our output.

What I would like to be able to do is execute a script when the build succeeds AND the previous build was a failure. i.e. a failing build has now been fixed. I've been trying to figure out some way I can put the state of the previous build into the log output, then I could setup a rule that triggers if the builds succeeds and the previous build was a failure.

This is hopefully a simple thing to achieve but so far I've not figured it out. Does anyone have any suggestions how to do this? Or some other approach to triggering a script when a previously broken build is fixed?

Thanks.
Re: Detecting when a previously broken build is fixed [message #1072349 is a reply to message #1072296] Mon, 22 July 2013 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Zimmermann is currently offline Kai ZimmermannFriend
If you want some informations about your build, maybe the REST API could help you: http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/Remote+access+API
Re: Detecting when a previously broken build is fixed [message #1072654 is a reply to message #1072296] Tue, 23 July 2013 08:11 Go to previous message
Paul McGuire is currently offline Paul McGuireFriend
Cool
Thanks for the pointer! I was able to CURL in the details of the lastCompletedBuild and use this to drive the logic.
Previous Topic:Husdon 3.0.1 deployed on Glassfish
Next Topic:A very simple question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:07:48 GMT 2024