Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » Trying to run SWTBot 2.1.1 fails - VerifyError
Trying to run SWTBot 2.1.1 fails - VerifyError [message #1072117] Mon, 22 July 2013 05:20 Go to next message
Noga Rotman is currently offline Noga RotmanFriend
Hi all,

Seeing that my previous problem might be fixed using the new SWTBot 2.1.1 (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=296599 and so on), I've upgraded. Now however I get the following error:

SESSION 2013-07-22 08:17:17.230 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=4.3.0.I20130605-2000
java.version=1.7.0_21
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -version 3 -port 55147 -testLoaderClass org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestLoader -loaderpluginname org.eclipse.jdt.junit4.runtime -classNames altair.uide.test.swtbot.generaltests.LogViewerTest -application org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.core.swtbottestapplication -product org.eclipse.platform.ide -testpluginname altair.uide.swtbot
Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -consoleLog -version 3 -port 55147 -testLoaderClass org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestLoader -loaderpluginname org.eclipse.jdt.junit4.runtime -classNames altair.uide.test.swtbot.generaltests.LogViewerTest -application org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.core.swtbottestapplication -product org.eclipse.platform.ide -data /home/nogar/workspaces/workspace-4.3.0/../junit-workspace -dev file:/home/nogar/workspaces/workspace-4.3.0/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/pde-junit/dev.properties -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -consoleLog -testpluginname altair.uide.swtbot

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2013-07-22 08:17:55.800
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/eclipse/e4/ui/bindings/internal/BindingServiceImpl, method: createBinding signature: (Lorg/eclipse/jface/bindings/TriggerSequence;Lorg/eclipse/core/commands/ParameterizedCommand;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/util/Map;)Lorg/eclipse/jface/bindings/Binding;) Wrong return type in function
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2413)
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1855)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:302)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:254)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(ContextInjectionFactory.java:162)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.bindings.internal.BindingServiceCreationFunction.compute(BindingServiceCreationFunction.java:32)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.ValueComputation.get(ValueComputation.java:61)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.EclipseContext.internalGet(EclipseContext.java:238)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.EclipseContext.get(EclipseContext.java:209)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.ContextObjectSupplier$ContextInjectionListener.update(ContextObjectSupplier.java:68)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.TrackableComputationExt.update(TrackableComputationExt.java:107)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.EclipseContext.runAndTrack(EclipseContext.java:309)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.ContextObjectSupplier.get(ContextObjectSupplier.java:167)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.resolveArgs(InjectorImpl.java:446)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.resolveRequestorArgs(InjectorImpl.java:393)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:108)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:333)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:267)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(ContextInjectionFactory.java:186)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.createFromBundle(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:105)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.doCreate(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:71)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.create(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:49)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.createE4Workbench(E4Application.java:276)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:581)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.core.UITestApplication.start(UITestApplication.java:54)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1426)

Do you have any idea what's going on?

Thanks,
Noga
Re: Trying to run SWTBot 2.1.1 fails - VerifyError [message #1072193 is a reply to message #1072117] Mon, 22 July 2013 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

This stacktrace does not seem related to SWTBot at all.
It looks like the Eclipse platform you did set up contains some
incompatible bundles in term of API.
--
Mickael Istria
JBoss, by Red Hat
My blog: http://mickaelistria.wordpress.com
My Tweets: http://twitter.com/mickaelistria
Re: Trying to run SWTBot 2.1.1 fails - VerifyError [message #1072351 is a reply to message #1072193] Mon, 22 July 2013 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Mickael. I guess I'll try to reinstall it once again...
icon4.gif  Re: Trying to run SWTBot 2.1.1 fails - VerifyError [message #1075263 is a reply to message #1072351] Mon, 29 July 2013 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mickael,

You were right, the Eclipse installation was corrupt.
I did reinstall, and was finally able to find the bug (or at least what seemed to be one) that's been preventing me to run test for a while now:

When trying to run an SWTBot test in an environment with more than one plugin opened, and there are dependencies between the opened ones , the test fails, saying none of the packages was able to load (see previous message I posted a few weeks ago). These "extra" plugin projects don't have to be related to the SWTBot project itself in any way, and still the test fails (unable to load any of the packages). Note that this does not occur in Eclipse 3.7 (only in the 4.x releases).

Have you ever encountered this situation? Should I open a bug report? Are there some extra definitions I don't know of, moving to 4.x?

Thanks,
Noga

[Updated on: Mon, 29 July 2013 06:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Trying to run SWTBot 2.1.1 fails - VerifyError [message #1075460 is a reply to message #1075263] Mon, 29 July 2013 13:12 Go to previous message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

On 07/29/2013 08:22 AM, Noga Rotman wrote:
> Have you ever encountered this situation? Should I open a bug report?
> Are there some extra definitions I don't know of, moving to 4.x?

I've met something similar in the past, which is not related to SWTBot
but more to PDE and Target-Platforms. The fact is that depending on how
you did set up your Eclipse instance, it is possible that the
target-platform used by PDE doesn't contain all the necessary bundles
(and then packages).
What you could do it to start the same Eclipse instance without running
your test (ie start org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench instead of
testapplication) and then have a look in Preferences > PDE >
Target-Platforms to check what is missing.

HTH
--
Mickael Istria
JBoss, by Red Hat
My blog: http://mickaelistria.wordpress.com
My Tweets: http://twitter.com/mickaelistria
Previous Topic:How to access text field in global toolbar
Next Topic:NPE while recording
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:49:59 GMT 2024