Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Meaning of colon (:) in a handler's class= statement (plugin.xml)
Meaning of colon (:) in a handler's class= statement (plugin.xml) [message #1069820] Tue, 16 July 2013 16:27
Tobias Freudenreich is currently offline Tobias FreudenreichFriend
Hi,

I am trying to customize a generated plugin (specifically XText, but I do not think it is an XText question). I see a lot of statements of the form
<handler
  class="package.PolicyExecutableExtensionFactory:package.SomeHandler"

Now my question is, what is the meaning of the colon? PolicyExecutableExtensionFactory is a Guice Injection Factory (does not implement IHandler, but IExecutableExtensionFactory and IExecutableExtension), SomeHandler implements IHandler. execute() of SomeHandler is called when I activate the respective extension point.

My guess is that the colon allows for some kind of Executable to be called before than handler, though I am not sure. It might also be some kind of specific XText thing, in which case I'm sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

The documentation of the class element of the handler-tag sadly only says that this is a class implementing IHandler or extending AbstractHandler.

Anyone know what it means?
Previous Topic:Eclipse SVN annotation from another plugin
Next Topic:Access a Java Project's class files through a plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:32:14 GMT 2024