Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Subversive conflict editor ideas(Lacking on Subclipse)
Subversive conflict editor ideas [message #1069748] Tue, 16 July 2013 13:36
Joe Borg is currently offline Joe BorgFriend
Hi all,

I switched from Subclipse to Subversive a few months back and the vast majority of features are a huge improvement on Subclipse (so thanks for that!).

My only complaint is the conflict editor, which is very useful with Subclipse. Especially the fact you can make the changes during the merge, manually and "Mark as resolved". You can also resolve with the local copy, or the remote. I don't think any of this is possible in Subversive (please correct if I'm wrong).

I've also found that, with a conflict, the merge goes quite wrong and differently to Subclipse (not sure why). With Subclipse, I find the conflict, usually fix it manually and can be sure that any other merged lines are going to be correct. Whereas, when I do the same in Subversive, I have found that there are changes missing that should have merged. Again, this could be the way I'm using the conflict editor (incorrectly).

There is only documentation on the use of the tree conflict editor http://www.eclipse.org/subversive/documentation/index.php. Maybe an update here would help in the future too.

Thanks,
Joe
Previous Topic:what is the differences between the two types of merging?
Next Topic:Kepler and SVN 1.8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:21:55 GMT 2024