Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » how to distinguish the selection of a column header of the selection of all the cells under this col
how to distinguish the selection of a column header of the selection of all the cells under this col [message #1069708] Tue, 16 July 2013 12:38 Go to next message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hello,
I would like to be able to distinguish the selection of a column header of the selection of all the cells under this column header and I don't know how to proceed.

Visually, the result of these two actions is the same : all the cells under the header are selected and the header is selected too, but I would like provide more actions
in the first case.

Any ideas?
Re: how to distinguish the selection of a column header of the selection of all the cells under this [message #1069715 is a reply to message #1069708] Tue, 16 July 2013 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
I don't understand the question. But maybe this helps:

Have a look at the DefaultSelectionBindings. There are different actions configured for clicks on header or body cells. Dependent on that actions different commands are executed which cause different events to be fired.

Dependent on your use case you either want to modify the select action that gets triggered on click or you want to execute additional stuff when the event is fired by adding corresponding layer listeners on the special events.
Re: how to distinguish the selection of a column header of the selection of all the cells under this [message #1070192 is a reply to message #1069715] Wed, 17 July 2013 12:33 Go to previous message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hi Dirk,
thank you for your answer. I will see the DefaultSelectionBindings.

In fact I would like to be able to know how the cell selection has been done :
- selecting the header
- or selecting the cells

Regards,

--
Vincent Lorenzo
Previous Topic:Editing and RowSpans
Next Topic:Text exporter for nattable tree grid
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:13:49 GMT 2024