Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Configuring Multiple Hudson Instances(What is the "best practice" to have multiple Hudson instances running?)
Configuring Multiple Hudson Instances [message #1069394] Mon, 15 July 2013 20:20
Stuart Lorber is currently offline Stuart LorberFriend
I'm currently trying to run Hudson on a Linux machine using multiple VirtualBox VMs.

Each VM is running an instance of Hudson.

I'm running the Hudson.war file from the command line and passing in HUDSON_WORKSPACES and HUDSON_BUILDS so that I can use VirtualBox shared folders and have all artifacts from all instances reside on the main Linux machine.

I've mounted the VirtualBox VMs successfully and I've set the permissions on HUDSON_WORKSPACES and HUDSON_BUILDS appropriately and I have projects building and using the shared folders properly.

However, I have a problem whereby it cannot create the symbolic links for the builds. This does not cause the builds to fail.

The reason I'm using VirtualBox is so that I can quickly clone an instance so a developer can work in a branch and be able to change the SVN paths to their branch and be able to run the tests.

Is there a better way - or best practice - for running multiple instances on a common piece of hardware?
Previous Topic:Deployment problem on GlassFish 4
Next Topic:How to run Parallel Jobs?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:05:04 GMT 2024