Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula and IBM JRE(How to run an AUT with IBM JRE)
Jubula and IBM JRE [message #1068125] Fri, 12 July 2013 09:56 Go to next message
Klaus Singer is currently offline Klaus SingerFriend
Hello,

I am trying to work with Jubula on a Swing-Client application running under IBM's JRE
"IBM J9 VM (build 2.6, JRE 1.6.0 Windows 7 x86-32 20110729_87983 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)"

The client starts via Batch-File. If I start the AUT, the Logon Screen appears but the Running AUT's view doesn't show the application.

If I change the JRE to an Oracle JRE, the Logon Screen appears and the Running AUT's view shows the running AUT-ID.

Unfortunately we cannot use an Oracle JRE.

Is there a solution for this problem?
Re: Jubula and IBM JRE [message #1068158 is a reply to message #1068125] Fri, 12 July 2013 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Starting the AUT using a batch file uses the _JAVA_OPTIONS environment variable to pass the necessary parameters to the AUT. The variable is supported by the Oracle JVM, but is not standard. To my knowledge it's not support by J9.

You may start your AUT by directly specifying the jar file or the main class together with the class path in the AUT configuration. This is an additional step, but the only option if the JVM doesn't understand _JAVA_OPTIONS.

- Achim
Re: Jubula and IBM JRE [message #1069088 is a reply to message #1068158] Mon, 15 July 2013 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Achim,

the connection is now established, I'll continue with evaluating Jubula.
Re: Jubula and IBM JRE [message #1077132 is a reply to message #1069088] Thu, 01 August 2013 09:33 Go to previous message
Hello,

unfortunately, testing my Swing application running under IBM'S JRE has another problem. Starting the application works, the Login Screen appears, AUT is recognised and Object Mapping Mode works for the Login Screen. But after entering a valid User/Password, the application main screen is not shown. AUT ist still running but trying to switch to Object Mapping Mode will cause an 5009 error and AUT is closed. It seems that the application is running in background but it is not possible to bring it to the foreground. The main screen consists of a JDesktopPane and ist started in a new tread.

- Klaus
Previous Topic:How can I access the column's header in TreeTable component?
Next Topic:testexec: Testsuite/Testjob
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:08:48 GMT 2024