Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo Project Leadership
Virgo Project Leadership [message #1067928] Thu, 11 July 2013 09:45 Go to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
As I need to step down, we are currently casting around for a replacement Project Lead for Virgo. This discussion is happening on virgo-dev, but I mention it here so that Virgo adopters are aware of the situation and can join in the discussion if they want to.
Re: Virgo Project Leadership [message #1077871 is a reply to message #1067928] Fri, 02 August 2013 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have now stepped down. Please see virgo-dev for the sequel.
Re: Virgo Project Leadership [message #1112366 is a reply to message #1077871] Thu, 19 September 2013 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eduardo Frazão is currently offline Eduardo FrazãoFriend
Hi Glyn!
Thank you by all effort! For sure, you was a key part to Virgo become what it is!
You help me various times in this forum, and in your blog, and i'm very grateful for this!

I can't imagine project archived. Theres no other like Virgo right now. Its robust, ease, and its base for many applications. I can't develop without thinking in OSGi and its dynamic's anymore Smile. Because that, I'm VERY concerned with the destiny of this project. Do you think that no one will take the leadership? A Month have passed, and no one assumed. Is a decision of the dev team, that this project must end?
Re: Virgo Project Leadership [message #1112853 is a reply to message #1112366] Fri, 20 September 2013 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Runtime PMC have said that if no-one steps up to lead Virgo by the end of October 2013, they will begin the process of archiving (which means terminating) the project.

Please note that I estimate the effort of providing adequate leadership to Virgo was taking me about 10% of my time (and I work a 37 hour week). I am more than happy to mentor and advise anyone who steps forward.
Re: Virgo Project Leadership [message #1115209 is a reply to message #1112853] Mon, 23 September 2013 20:55 Go to previous message
Eduardo Frazão is currently offline Eduardo FrazãoFriend
Its sad that a project like Virgo can be archived. So many improvments have done. The 3.6 is a GREAT release.
To me, its the ideal OSGi runtime for web applications, and even for desktop ones (part of a project that I'm working on, is a desktop application, that will run on Virgo).

I'm cheking the maillist, but for now, no one take Leadership. Sad
Previous Topic:Bean Validation
Next Topic:Using javamail for SMPTS on virgo fails on typo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:33:16 GMT 2024