Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Non-overlapping Layout(I want to create a Zest graph that avoids overlapping nodes)
Non-overlapping Layout [message #1067121] Sat, 06 July 2013 01:23 Go to next message
Phillip Drew is currently offline Phillip DrewFriend
I'm trying to create an Eclipse editor using Zest that will display the contents of a tree / graph structure nicely for the user. They don't have to be able to edit it, just see the data.

I understand avoiding overlapping nodes is not a simple problem. I've seen the horizontal shift solutions but they look incredibly awful.

It seems to me that the radial / spring / tree layout algorithms are capable of spreading nodes out appropriately when the graph size : node count ratio is about right. What I want to know is if there's a way of having Zest manage the zoom level so that it creates a graph of the size required for everything to be nicely positioned, even if the size of the graph in the editor can't fit everything.

When I currently use a radial layout (the most promising for what I'm doing) it clearly lays everything out nicely but comes up against the size of the overall graph. What do I do to have it layout things exactly as it wants then adjust the zoom level instead?
Re: Non-overlapping Layout [message #1233756 is a reply to message #1067121] Mon, 20 January 2014 12:10 Go to previous message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

I have the same issues. I have filed [1]

Cheers,

Wim

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=426113
Previous Topic:Generating REQ_MOVE_CHILDREN request
Next Topic:Create Connection via a context menu action for an EditPart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:40:36 GMT 2024