Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to show labels on activity diagram control flows(Newbie question)
How to show labels on activity diagram control flows [message #1066714] Thu, 04 July 2013 00:27 Go to next message
Timothy Rowe is currently offline Timothy RoweFriend
How do I get a label to show on a control flow on a Papyrus activity diagram? I thought the text that I typed into the box when I created the flow, or the "Name" field of the property view would appear on the control flow, and all the tutorials show that appearing, but I can't get the label to appear at all. I've tried on multiple control flows, and I've tried moving things around to make sure the label isn't hidden under something. What am I missing?
Re: How to show labels on activity diagram control flows [message #1066817 is a reply to message #1066714] Thu, 04 July 2013 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hi,

the control flow names are hidden after the control flow has been created by default.

If you want to have it displayed for all control flows, you should set the papyrus preferences:
Window => preferences => Papyrus => diagrams => activity => control Flow
In this preference page, you can set the labels to be displayed by default (on a standard papyrus installation, this should be guard and stereotypes). If you select the "name" checkbox, all the new control flows will display the name label.

If this is for few Control Flows, you can use the context menu on them (right click on a control flow, Filters, Manage Connector labels). In the dialog that opens, you can select the set of labels you want to show for that particular selected connector.

Hope this helps
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: How to show labels on activity diagram control flows [message #1066841 is a reply to message #1066817] Thu, 04 July 2013 16:43 Go to previous message
Timothy Rowe is currently offline Timothy RoweFriend
That works, thanks. It worried me for a moment that it didn't seem to do anything, but then I noticed you said that it worked for new control flows, so I had to manually change my existing ones. All working now! Smile
Previous Topic:Overriding Stereotype's properties and assigning them a value
Next Topic:Partition in Activity Diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:16:32 GMT 2024