Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » File Explorer - Display Error emblems(Display errors on filenames in the explorer window)
File Explorer - Display Error emblems [message #1065758] Thu, 27 June 2013 12:05 Go to next message
stuart Page is currently offline stuart PageFriend
Is there a way to have the filenames indicate that there is an error in the file, from inside the php explorer window on the left as shown in this screenshot.

As you can see in the screenshot, the file core.class.php has a 'hello there' message that causes an error and is highlighted in the file. However, the file core.class.php is just plain white (no error emblem like you would get in Netbeans for example).

Ideally, it would be great if the files indicated that there were errors or warnings etc, that way I dont have to visit every file in the codebase in order to check if there are any problems.

index.php/fa/15390/0/

Re: File Explorer - Display Error emblems [message #1065865 is a reply to message #1065758] Fri, 28 June 2013 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
Look icons in your project carefully. It tells your folders are not Source Folders. You must configure your Build Path.(e.g. right-click the project->Build Path->Use as Source Folder)(or open project properties->PHP Build Path->Add Folder)(or such)
Re: File Explorer - Display Error emblems [message #1065984 is a reply to message #1065865] Fri, 28 June 2013 16:31 Go to previous message
stuart Page is currently offline stuart PageFriend
Thank you for getting back to me. I have since 'resolved' the issue by installing the zend pdt version of eclipse and linking the source folder worked in there.
Previous Topic:Extending PDT
Next Topic:How to generate unimplemented methods
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:24:59 GMT 2024