Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » How to get scope for jvm type or pojo
How to get scope for jvm type or pojo [message #1065188] Mon, 24 June 2013 16:28 Go to next message
Ian McDevitt is currently offline Ian McDevittFriend
This is a simplified version of what I am trying to do. I declare an object with a type and then use its members in method calls. The DSL could look like this
NEW t1 as java.util.Timer
CALL t1.cancel

but I get an error line under cancel, so I have tried to set the right scope.

I have done this before when the type is a DSL type, it is straight forward to add the operations of the type to the scope as shown in other posts such as http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7791871/xtext-example-of-a-scoped-object.

But when the type is a normal Java class (not created in the DSL) then I am stuck. I believe it can be done as I see it in Xbase but I cannot get it to work as all the methods for working with Scopes seem to require EObjects not Objects.

Here is an example grammar, but I have also tried using feature=XMemberFeatureCall and other Xbase rules without success.
grammar org.xtext.example.mydsl.MyDsl with org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.Xbase
generate myDsl "http://www.xtext.org/example/mydsl/MyDsl"
import "http://www.eclipse.org/xtext/common/JavaVMTypes" as types

Model:	elements+=(NewPojo|Operation)*;

NewPojo: 'NEW' name=ID 'as' type=JvmTypeReference ;

Operation: 'CALL' target=[NewPojo] '.' feature=[types::JvmIdentifiableElement] ; 

I usually get "couldn't resolve reference to JvmIdentifiableElement 'cancel'". I know the 'cancel' method is a JVM operation so I want to set the scope as the members of the type of the target, but I can't see how to get from a Method[] to a list of EObjectDescriptions. Is there a utility?

Re: How to get scope for jvm type or pojo [message #1065193 is a reply to message #1065188] Mon, 24 June 2013 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

have a look at the class Scopes.

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: How to get scope for jvm type or pojo [message #1065214 is a reply to message #1065193] Mon, 24 June 2013 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's funny how it starts working after you ask someone. I find now that getting the contents from the JvmType (from the JvmTypeReference) is now giving me a list of EObjects,
target.type.type.eContents
Somehow I had been getting an empty list every time before. Not sure what I did differently this time but I can now get the methods from the jvm type as EObjects.

I will work with Scopes::scopeFor and others. It is creating a scope list with the methods in it but something else is not working as I still get the error. I have a custom scope_Operation_feature method so I'll debug on a bit more myself now I've got the first problem solved.
Thanks
Ian
Re: How to get scope for jvm type or pojo [message #1065860 is a reply to message #1065214] Thu, 27 June 2013 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For anyone with a similar problem, I have got the rest of this working now but not quite as first expected.

In the getScope method of my delegate scope provider, which extends XImportSectionNamespaceScopeProvider, I check that it's looking to scope an OPERATION__FEATURE reference (otherwise I get cyclic exceptions if it's looking for the OPERATION_TARGET) and I get the list of pojo members from the target type as EObjects:
context.target.type.type.eContents.filter(typeof(JvmFeature))
(the first 'type' is a typeRef).

So far so good.

But when I used
Scopes::scopeFor
it gave me an empty scope. This seems to be a result of Scopes::scopedElementsFor producing null qualified names when transforming the EObjects to EObjectDescriptions.

So I did my own transform on the list using
EObjectDescription::create
to get the list as object descriptions and then used
MapBasedScope::createScope
and that did the job nicely.

(edited to replace XbaseImportedNamespaceScopeProvider with XImportSectionNamespaceScopeProvider, as I've recently migrated to 2.4 where it's been deprecated - so now my content assist works again!)

[Updated on: Thu, 27 June 2013 23:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to get scope for jvm type or pojo [message #1065871 is a reply to message #1065860] Fri, 28 June 2013 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi please Note that you may have to use the scopefor Method. With namecomputation Since the Method may not have a properste Named name

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: How to get scope for jvm type or pojo [message #1092148 is a reply to message #1065871] Thu, 22 August 2013 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Great, EObjectDescription::create worked for my Problem too. Before that, I tried to use the nameComputation Function but didn't succeed under xtend scope provider. Is there any code snippet to solve this under xtend with xtext 2.4.2?
Re: How to get scope for jvm type or pojo [message #1095983 is a reply to message #1092148] Tue, 27 August 2013 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did change to use scopeFor and a name computation, but I also also stopped using the xbase scope provider. I'll see if I can dig out the code to see if it helps any.
Re: How to get scope for jvm type or pojo [message #1096076 is a reply to message #1095983] Tue, 27 August 2013 23:44 Go to previous message
This was what I had at the time as an example of using a trivial naming function in the scope function to get elements from a JvmTypeReference. It was mainly to help me understand how things were working rather than best practice but it may point you to something in your own code.
var Function<JvmFeature, QualifiedName> getNameOfJvmFeature = [ QualifiedName::create(it.simpleName) ]
val jvmFeatures = aTypeRef.type.eContents.filter(typeof(JvmFeature))
scope = Scopes::scopeFor(jvmFeatures, getNameOfJvmImplFeature, scope)
Previous Topic:Obtain a Resource of a model source file (to compile imports in code generation)
Next Topic:Cannot use literal in following ID terminal rule
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:31:44 GMT 2024