Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Scout and GEF(How to embed the Graphical Editing Framework into a Scout app)
Scout and GEF [message #1064751] Thu, 20 June 2013 19:52 Go to next message
Patrick Tournet is currently offline Patrick TournetFriend
Hi,

During the EclipseCon 2013 in Toulouse, I understood that it would be possible to use GEF in a Scout development. Is it correct ? Because I've looked around and been unable to find the slimest documentation on that topic...

Wouldn't there be by any chance a tutorial hidden somewhere that could be of any assistance to people willing to provide a more graphical UI to their business applications ? I know that it would be a major help to me, but my guess is that I wouldn't be the only one interested... Wink

I can do anything and I can do it better than anyone. Be as I am : be the best ! Wink
Re: Scout and GEF [message #1064758 is a reply to message #1064751] Thu, 20 June 2013 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rene Eigenheer is currently offline Rene EigenheerFriend
Hi Patrick

as far as I know currently there isn't an existing integration....but in a project I'm working on, we plan to do a GEF integration (timeframe of a prototype: this summer).
What is the timeframe in your project? Maybe we can share experiences.
Re: Scout and GEF [message #1066045 is a reply to message #1064758] Sat, 29 June 2013 10:29 Go to previous message
Patrick Tournet is currently offline Patrick TournetFriend
Hi René,
Thanks for your answer. Well, my project should start in Q3 or Q4... right now I'm just trying to learn as much as possible on my spare time (which is pretty tight), but in August, I should be able to dig a little deeper... so my guess is that you'll be far ahead from me at that time. But I'll try and help as much as I can...

I can do anything and I can do it better than anyone. Be as I am : be the best ! Wink
Previous Topic:Missing elements in Scout Explorer
Next Topic:Hierarchical structur of ChildPages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:15:14 GMT 2024