Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Examples » Need examples for Eclipse 3.5's Editor, View, Formatter, more(looking for examples)
Need examples for Eclipse 3.5's Editor, View, Formatter, more [message #1064120] Mon, 17 June 2013 17:48
W Dagnon is currently offline W DagnonFriend
I am attempting to start Eclipse plug-in development, and the existing documentation I've found doesn't help much. Even going through the forums turns up few details on how to actually make something work within Eclipse...

I've learned that I need an example for Eclipse 3.5 as I tried to Google for editor examples and came up with one from 2003 (www.ccs.neu.edu's pluginDevExample.pdf), and even this one (cvalcarcel.wordpress.com's writing-an-eclipse-plug-in-part-1-what-im-going-to-do/) from 2009 in Eclipse 3.4 is too far off (at least with respect to wizard/dialog windows and options) to be usable. We're not moving to 4.0 until someone fixes the performance of all the new doohickeys.

Looking in Eclipse app's Help section, "formatter" comes up with 37 entries, and the only one not about preferences seems to be the Javadoc for the XML entry.

I think I need to make an ICodeFormatter because I need more finely-grained control than what the current formatter's options allow (conditionals, other points, repositioning blocks, even code changes).

I want to make a new editor - it could be a subclass of the current Java code editor as far as I care - because I need what the user is working on to be in a different format than what is saved on disk. I'd be fine having one page for each (per the MultiPageEditor example).

Well, and a second, completely different editor to facilitate code generation from limited inputs. Possibly associated with a new View.

References or ideas, anyone?

Thanks!
Previous Topic:ServiceLoader Example
Next Topic:Issue with Login Popup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:15:35 GMT 2024