Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Exported runnable jar fails to load plugin
Exported runnable jar fails to load plugin [message #1063570] Thu, 13 June 2013 12:31
phi goui is currently offline phi gouiFriend

Hello,maybe what I am asking is quite simple but I've been searching for quite a while and still have not find a solution.

I wanted to create a plugin for an application so following the instructions I created another project in which I wrote the code for the plugin .Then I use the build.xml file in order to install in on the application.( A new folder with the plugin jar file is created on the library directory of the folder). Eventually I build the main application and everything worked fine,that is the plugin was loaded.

For some reasons ,I needed to combine all the jars into one jar file and so I try the extract runnable jar option of eclipse and also other options like fat-jar and one-jar. The problem is that allthough a new jar file is created ,it fails to load the plugin I created. The same will occur,obviously if I delete the plugin jar file from its directory and try to load the main class of my application.

So I would like to ask, if there is any possible way to create a jar file that could load the plugin. I assume it has to do with the right tuning of the parameters of the export.

Any help would be gladly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 June 2013 22:10]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse doesn't start
Next Topic:Eclipse crashing with class not found in an odd package name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:47:29 GMT 2024