Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Using properties file pairs in testing(How to check a component value against values from a properties file)
Using properties file pairs in testing [message #1060868] Tue, 28 May 2013 18:42 Go to next message
Hamdan Msheik is currently offline Hamdan MsheikFriend
I need to test an rcp wizard using Jubula. I need some help to write Jubula test cases in the following 2 scenarios:

1- How to create a test case that matches a checkbox value against the initial value read from a properties file.

2- How to check whether one GUI component value matches another one's value, say a textarea, match against the value of "input text" field?

Thank you!
Re: Using properties file pairs in testing [message #1061123 is a reply to message #1060868] Thu, 30 May 2013 07:15 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

For the second step, I'd recommend doing the cheat sheets in Jubula. They give you an overview of how to create a basic test, and that is one of the steps involved.

For the first step, I'm not 100% sure how values from properties files can be dynamically read in. If you're using Excel, that is a possibility. You could also use an execute external action action to read the value / save it into a variable. Just some thoughts.

HTH,
Alex
Previous Topic:Jubula stopped recognizing running AUT
Next Topic:Problem by using Jubula via update site mechanism
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:06:05 GMT 2024