Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Need HTML perspective? editor?(New to Eclipse for PHP Developers v3.0.2)
Need HTML perspective? editor? [message #1060854] Tue, 28 May 2013 16:38 Go to next message
Frank Johnson is currently offline Frank JohnsonFriend

I successfully installed Eclipse for PHP Developers v3.0.2, and it works great for PHP.

Lately, I've had the need to edit HTML and would like to use Eclipse w/o wrecking my installation because I'm a noob. Just thought I'd ask in advance, so I don't screw things up too bad.

Exactly what do I need to install in Eclipse for PHP Developers v3.0.2 in order to edit HTML? Where do I get it?

Thank you.

Best,
Frank

Best,
Frank
MFJLabs
Re: Need HTML perspective? editor? [message #1060856 is a reply to message #1060854] Tue, 28 May 2013 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently online Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Are you sure you can't already open and edit HTML files?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Need HTML perspective? editor? [message #1060859 is a reply to message #1060856] Tue, 28 May 2013 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Johnson is currently offline Frank JohnsonFriend

Duh! Smile YES, thank you.

Just a little overwhelmed by the sheer volume of Eclipse features/options. EXCELLENT IDE.

Now all I need is to be able to preview the HTML in Eclipse. I found a decent tutorial on the subject (youtube dot com/watch?v=zcKF5SOhsS8), but it doesn't cover how to activate/install the Debug on Server functionality required.

If you know of a better source I'd appreciate it.

Thank you again for the prompt response.

Best,
Frank

Best,
Frank
MFJLabs
Re: Need HTML perspective? editor? [message #1060999 is a reply to message #1060859] Wed, 29 May 2013 13:30 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently online Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Installing the "Eclipse Java EE Developer Tools" is the simplest way to get the launching ability (although your existing project may not be launchable, it requires certain project setup). The Web Page Editor feature may also handle your need for a preview page.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Import Project error
Next Topic:Exception in EMF comparison
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:22:30 GMT 2024