Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How to add columns in SourceViewer at right side?
How to add columns in SourceViewer at right side? [message #1060416] Fri, 24 May 2013 14:31 Go to next message
Ramesh Gunjal is currently offline Ramesh GunjalFriend
Hi,

I have some special requirement to the text editor. I want to show the source code (C, C++) in editor with line number, hot-spots (overview ruler) and some colums at the right side of the text. These columns will have some information about corresponding line. Something like attached screen-shot. How can I do this? I found org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor.rulerColumns; which can be used for line based information but the problem is it adds the column to the ruler i.e. at left hand side of text and I want it right side. Also the overview ruler is outside the scroll bar hence can not be used. Could you please help me to acheive this requirement?

For this I have implemented extension point "org.eclipse.ui.editors". And override createPartControl() method of EditorPart (pasting code below); where I am creating SourceViewer control and rulers.

------------------------------

public void createPartControl(Composite parent) {
final SashForm sashForm = new SashForm(parent, SWT.HORIZONTAL);
sashForm.setLayout(new RowLayout());

CompositeRuler lineNumRuler = new CompositeRuler();
LineNumberRulerColumn lineCol = new LineNumberRulerColumn();
lineNumRuler.addDecorator(0, lineCol);

OverviewRuler overviewRuler = new OverviewRuler(null, 10, null);

SourceViewer viewer = new SourceViewer(sashForm, lineNumRuler,
overviewRuler, true, SWT.V_SCROLL | SWT.H_SCROLL | SWT.MULTI
| SWT.BORDER | SWT.FULL_SELECTION);

AnnotationRulerColumn col = new AnnotationRulerColumn(10);
viewer.addVerticalRulerColumn(col);

Document document = new Document("My C code here");
viewer.setDocument(document);
}
------------------------------------

--
God bless you and all,
Ramesh
  • Attachment: editor.png
    (Size: 32.47KB, Downloaded 189 times)
Re: How to add columns in SourceViewer at right side? [message #1061179 is a reply to message #1060416] Thu, 30 May 2013 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stella Levin is currently offline Stella LevinFriend
I have added few left rulers to annotate text of RCP with line data using org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor.rulerColumns extension point. You may use ruler context menu, like "Show Line Numbers" and add you rulers "Show.. " items.
Re: How to add columns in SourceViewer at right side? [message #1061693 is a reply to message #1061179] Mon, 03 June 2013 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ramesh Gunjal is currently offline Ramesh GunjalFriend
Thanks for reply Stella. I did not understand second part
> You may use ruler context menu, like "Show Line Numbers" and add you rulers "Show.. " items.

Do you mean context menu allows me to move ruler column at the right side of the text widget?
Re: How to add columns in SourceViewer at right side? [message #1061698 is a reply to message #1061693] Mon, 03 June 2013 14:18 Go to previous message
Stella Levin is currently offline Stella LevinFriend
No, I mean that context menu allows to show/hide the additional line info that you plan to add on the left side of the editor.
Previous Topic:Relative layout issue with views from different plug-ins
Next Topic:Detecting unsaved changes in a plugin view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:52:26 GMT 2024