Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Problem by using Jubula via update site mechanism( AUT is not in focus during test)
Problem by using Jubula via update site mechanism [message #1060167] Thu, 23 May 2013 11:40 Go to next message
Doreen Engling is currently offline Doreen EnglingFriend
So to get more knowledge with ubula
1.I have installed at first the stand alone Jubula version 2.0 and used the embedded database. Went through the SimpleMailTest RCP-sample and all was fine.
2.I have installed an eclipse 3.8.0 and added all the jubula 1.2.2 features via the update site mechanism, used the embedded database too / open the above created project SimpleMailTest and let run the "AUT Mail" so it is to see within the running AUT window ...testrun failed and it seems the AUT is not on focus, cant find by the test although I have set it on the properties/expert settings to Activation mode "Click on titlebar"
There is a screenshot (Image view) created, which shows me the whole desktop. And by selecting the Properties of the failed TC (Click on Toolbar Item)it is written: "Configuration Error" at Type.
I can't use the standalone version of Jubula in the future because the goal is to install GUI tests of our products after the build run on the bamboo server (ANT script is using there.
Any idea?
Re: Problem by using Jubula via update site mechanism [message #1061126 is a reply to message #1060167] Thu, 30 May 2013 07:23 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Doreen,

The problem sounds like it could be to do with conflicting versions. The 2.0 release had a great deal of changes to the RC (remote control) components. These changes are going to be released in the plugin for Kepler.

As to not being able to use the standalone version - can you clarify what steps your build is going to be doing? Maybe you'll be able to use a combination of standalone and plugin.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Using properties file pairs in testing
Next Topic:Tables HTML Toolkit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:31:36 GMT 2024