Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » XML Schema Definition (XSD) » Eclipse wsdl validator doesn't show exact error
Eclipse wsdl validator doesn't show exact error [message #1059418] Sat, 18 May 2013 06:21 Go to next message
Lasith Chandrasekara is currently offline Lasith ChandrasekaraFriend
Hi All,

Got a chance to work with eclipse WSDL validator. But it seems like it doesn't return exact error message when not having network connection to the ws-i.org site. It would be better if it can give detailed message by saying "this resource on ws-i.org can't find".
i.e. can't find resource ws-i.org/Testing/Tools/2004/12/AP10_BP11_SSBP10_TAD.xml

As I can understand the connection to ws-i.org is not mandatory for WSDL validation. But since it attempts to connect to ws-i.org, when doing validation with a machine doesn't have internet connection this may consume 2-3 minutes (depending on the DNS and proxy configuration on networks). In that case it is better to have descriptive message.

Following stack-trace might be useful to understanding,
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.core.profile.impl.ProfileAssertionsReaderImpl.readProfileAssertions(ProfileAssertionsReaderImpl.java:130)
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.core.profile.impl.ProfileAssertionsReaderImpl.readProfileAssertions(ProfileAssertionsReaderImpl.java:72)
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.WSITestToolsProperties.getProfileAssertions(WSITestToolsProperties.java:93)
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.core.analyzer.BasicProfileAnalyzer.validateConformance(BasicProfileAnalyzer.java:209)
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.core.analyzer.Analyzer.validateAll(Analyzer.java:198)
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.analyzer.WSDLAnalyzer.validateConformance(WSDLAnalyzer.java:158)
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.validate.wsdl.WSDLValidator.validate(WSDLValidator.java:291)

As my understanding here the problem is in WSITestToolsProperties.getProfileAssertions(). Where it catches the exception and return null results.
-------------------------------
catch (Exception e)
{
result = null;
}
-------------------------------
So from this point onwards we are not throwing the excact error message.

Note:
I may forward this to eclipse bugs.

Reagards,
-Lasith Chandrasekara
Re: Eclipse wsdl validator doesn't show exact error [message #1059419 is a reply to message #1059418] Sat, 18 May 2013 06:46 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Better to post on the Web Tools forum.

On 18/05/2013 8:21 AM, Lasith Mising name wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Got a chance to work with eclipse WSDL validator. But it seems like it
> doesn't return exact error message when not having network connection
> to the ws-i.org site. It would be better if it can give detailed
> message by saying "this resource on ws-i.org can't find". i.e. can't
> find resource ws-i.org/Testing/Tools/2004/12/AP10_BP11_SSBP10_TAD.xml
> As I can understand the connection to ws-i.org is not mandatory for
> WSDL validation. But since it attempts to connect to ws-i.org, when
> doing validation with a machine doesn't have internet connection this
> may consume 2-3 minutes (depending on the DNS and proxy configuration
> on networks). In that case it is better to have descriptive message.
> Following stack-trace might be useful to understanding,
> at
> org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.core.profile.impl.ProfileAssertionsReaderImpl.readProfileAssertions(ProfileAssertionsReaderImpl.java:130)
> at
> org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.core.profile.impl.ProfileAssertionsReaderImpl.readProfileAssertions(ProfileAssertionsReaderImpl.java:72)
> at
> org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.WSITestToolsProperties.getProfileAssertions(WSITestToolsProperties.java:93)
> at
> org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.core.analyzer.BasicProfileAnalyzer.validateConformance(BasicProfileAnalyzer.java:209)
> at
> org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.core.analyzer.Analyzer.validateAll(Analyzer.java:198)
> at
> org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.analyzer.WSDLAnalyzer.validateConformance(WSDLAnalyzer.java:158)
> at
> org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.validate.wsdl.WSDLValidator.validate(WSDLValidator.java:291)
>
>
> As my understanding here the problem is in
> WSITestToolsProperties.getProfileAssertions(). Where it catches the
> exception and return null results.
> -------------------------------
> catch (Exception e)
> {
> result = null;
> }
> -------------------------------
> So from this point onwards we are not throwing the excact error message.
> Note:
> I may forward this to eclipse bugs.
> Reagards,
> -Lasith Chandrasekara

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Calling XSD with different namespaces
Next Topic:Problems with complexType
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:27:14 GMT 2024