Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » gdb problem when debugging std::shared_ptr
gdb problem when debugging std::shared_ptr [message #1059202] Fri, 17 May 2013 09:28
Paolo Laffranchini is currently offline Paolo LaffranchiniFriend
Hi everybody,

It is actually the first time i post on this forum, so i will try to explain my issues the best way i can...

i'm having a problem when debugging a multithreaded application...
Basically, the program crashes because of a segmentation fault, so i was trying to debug it using eclipse 3.8 CDT on Ubuntu 12.10

My app uses std::shared:ptr<T> and yesterday, during debugging, i found out that the problem came up when trying to access the object stored in the shared_ptr, but the raw pointer had value "0x0" (obviously causing the segfault).

So, today, i tried to put around my code some conditional breakpoints with condition of the form:

obj.get()==0x0 (obj is a shared_ptr instance)

what is actually happening during the debugging is that the program crashes with the following error (from the gdb trace):

Error in testing breakpoint condition:
The program stopped in another thread while making a function call from GDB.
Evaluation of the expression containing the function
(std::__shared_ptr<Packet, (__gnu_cxx::_Lock_policy)2>::get() const) will be abandoned.
When the function is done executing, GDB will silently stop.
/build/buildd/gdb-7.5/gdb/infrun.c:6076: internal-error: normal_stop: Assertion `get_frame_type (frame) == DUMMY_FRAME' failed.
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.

I really do not understand what is happening here, since the problem does not show up if i disable the breakpoints (still the program crashes due to the segfault, obviously).

Any help will be extremly appreciated...Thank you in advance...

Previous Topic:Cannot create a C or C++ project
Next Topic:Cannot include asset_manager_jni.h!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:06:31 GMT 2024