Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Error creating gmfgen file and editor code (GMF Tutorial Cheat Sheet)(I am getting ClassNotFoundException while trying to create the gmfgen file and editor code steps in GMF Tutorial Cheat Sheet)
Error creating gmfgen file and editor code (GMF Tutorial Cheat Sheet) [message #1059017] Thu, 16 May 2013 08:53 Go to next message
jack reacher is currently offline jack reacherFriend
Hi,

I am trying to create a very simple GMF project by following steps in the GMF Tutorial Cheat Sheet. I only have two classes in the ecore diagram (Model and Entity). I followed the steps from the GMF dashboard and successfully created ecore, ecore_digram, genmodel, gmfgraph, gmftool and gmfmap files. When I try to create the gmfgen file with the default options I get the following error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.emftext.language.sandwich_simple.Sandwich_simplePackage

I checked for the "sandwich" text and I found that it is an example in the GMF packages but I never used or referenced that example.

Then I checked "Use Modeled Viewmap" option while generating the gmfgen file and I was able to create the file. But this time when I try to generate the diagram code using the gmfgen file I get the following error:

An internal error occurred during: "Generate diagram code".
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.emftext.language.sandwich_simple.Sandwich_simplePackage

I am using
Juno Service Release 2 Build 20130225-0426
GMF : 1.6.2.201302122140
GMF Tooling and SDK : 3.0.2.201301191623

Thank you...
Re: Error creating gmfgen file and editor code (GMF Tutorial Cheat Sheet) [message #1059480 is a reply to message #1059017] Sun, 19 May 2013 12:48 Go to previous message
jack reacher is currently offline jack reacherFriend
Hi, I downloaded a fresh copy of Juno and installed GMF from update site. The error is gone now. I think there was a problem with the EPackage registry.
Previous Topic:XXXDocumentProvider Class DoSave() Method
Next Topic:Calling method
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:03:00 GMT 2024