Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » How to add Collapse All / Expand All menu option in GMF(Collapse and Expand Compartments)
How to add Collapse All / Expand All menu option in GMF [message #1058647] Tue, 14 May 2013 15:32 Go to next message
Che Bumagat is currently offline Che BumagatFriend
Hello GMF Experts!

I just like to ask if you know a way to add a menu option to Collapse All / Expand All compartments in a diagram.

In the diagram, I have figures that have parent-child relationship (a Figure within a figure). The structure can be huge so its going to be a bit tedious to go through all compartments and try to collapse/expand.

Is there any link that shows how to do this? Or may be you can point me into something that I can start looking into?

Appreciate your response. Thanks!

[Updated on: Tue, 14 May 2013 19:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to add Collapse All / Expand All menu option in GMF [message #1058985 is a reply to message #1058647] Thu, 16 May 2013 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

you could add an editpolicy to the compartment edit part showing a pop up offering this option. Or you could extend GMF's default popup-bar to offer this. If you always want to expand all children you could listen to the notational model and also expand the children.

Ralph
Re: How to add Collapse All / Expand All menu option in GMF [message #1085295 is a reply to message #1058985] Mon, 12 August 2013 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Che Bumagat is currently offline Che BumagatFriend
Thanks, your response was helpful. What I did was extended the popup contributions and added the collpase/expand actions.

However, I have one more question, everytime I call these actions, it makes my graphical editor dirty.

Is there a way not to make the editor dirty when collapse/expand the compartments?

I just want to make the editor dirty when there are semantic model changes. Is this doable?
Re: How to add Collapse All / Expand All menu option in GMF [message #1095018 is a reply to message #1085295] Mon, 26 August 2013 14:15 Go to previous message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

what is the code you are using?

Ralph
Previous Topic:how to display multiple instances of same model
Next Topic:GMF - Visual Effect Mapping
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:29:34 GMT 2024