Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Failure possibly due to ant build(I can't get my java class that used to run to run anymore. I get a message about an Ant Build.)
Failure possibly due to ant build [message #1058393] Mon, 13 May 2013 21:20 Go to next message
Aaron Poley is currently offline Aaron PoleyFriend
I wrote a java class in Eclipse. It uses the Selenium framework. It used to run, but now when I try to run it I get a popup title "Run As." I have to "Select what to run." The only option is "Ant Build." I select it and click OK. Then, I get an Error popup, saying "Build Failed. Reason: Unable to find an Ant File to run." I click OK and nothing else happens. The program I wrote doesn't run. I think this might have something to do with the Package this program is in, because some tricky things I don't understand have happened with that before. Mostly, though, I haven't got a clue what could be going on with the Ant Build. I only have a vague idea what ant even is. Is it some kind of add on for Selenium?
Re: Failure possibly due to ant build [message #1058761 is a reply to message #1058393] Tue, 14 May 2013 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

What was it Run As before? Are you actually using Ant? What changed since the time when it did run?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Failure possibly due to ant build [message #1059390 is a reply to message #1058761] Fri, 17 May 2013 21:20 Go to previous message
Aaron Poley is currently offline Aaron PoleyFriend
Thanks for your reply Nitin. I don't know what I changed. Now, I can't even get the following Hello World program to run in Eclipse, even though it does run in JGrasp.

import java.io.*;

public class HelloWorld {

public static void main(String args[]){
System.out.println("In Hello World");
}
}

There's a message saying, "Source not found" under a tab titled "Launcher$AppClassLoader(URLClassLoader).findClass(String) line: 207.

I don't know whether I'm using ant. I didn't really intend to, but it might be in the background. I did configure the build path to add selenium-server-standalone-2.31.0.jar and maybe that makes it use ant.
Previous Topic:Reinstalling eclipse - jars differ on RSA, MF, SF and class files (and others)
Next Topic:What is the command bound to Package Explorer Ctrl + f
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:07:58 GMT 2024