Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » On a multi user setup, Is it possible to install a feature/plugin in the SHARED INSTALL AREA?(Multi User Eclipse setup (Installing new plugins))
On a multi user setup, Is it possible to install a feature/plugin in the SHARED INSTALL AREA? [message #1058371] Mon, 13 May 2013 18:26
Che Bumagat is currently offline Che BumagatFriend
Hi All -

Good day! I need your help guys.

I have an RCP application that is on a multi setup type of environment.

Based on this: http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Freference%2Fmisc%2Fmulti_user_installs.html

So when a UserA installs addtional features/plugin it only comes available at his profile and so does UserB. Each having their own "configuration area" which I think is fine.

However, I'd like to know if it is also possible to install a feature/plugin that will be "common" to all users (e.g. Subclipse)? So that each user wouldn't have to install that plugin over again.

So instead of putting the feature under the "user configuration area" it will put it in the "shared install area"?

Appreciate your help!

[Updated on: Mon, 13 May 2013 18:27]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Is it Possible to Add New Features to the Shared Eclipse Install Area?
Next Topic:How to query a p2 for IUs by its provided capabilities?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:37:50 GMT 2024