Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Create a child node when creating the parent
Create a child node when creating the parent [message #1054905] Wed, 08 May 2013 09:51 Go to next message
Mårten Carlzon is currently offline Mårten CarlzonFriend

Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible to make a createCommand function create a createCommand?

The thing is in my GMF editor I have made a node called Attribute and a child node Attribute-Data. What I want to do is when I create an Attribute it will also create an Attribute-Data node inside the Attribute. I was recommended to look in the createCommand for my Attribute but so far I have had no luck with generating a child node so wanted to see if anyone here had an idea?

If there is a better way to do it I am all ears (or eyes since it will be posted in text Smile), but I tried to generate a create command for my Attribute-Data since I guess if I can make that command it will work as if I had added it form the palette but if I am looking in the wrong place just let me know Smile.

Thanks for any help

Write you later / Mårten
Re: Create a child node when creating the parent [message #1057726 is a reply to message #1054905] Wed, 08 May 2013 13:25 Go to previous message
Mårten Carlzon is currently offline Mårten CarlzonFriend

I need to learn how to google better, I just found this thread and it had my answer.

Have a nice day Smile
Previous Topic:GMF compare
Next Topic:custom palette
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:19:12 GMT 2024