Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Genereate Constructor Using Fields with Jackson Annotations(Plug-in Development with Custom Constructor Generation)
icon4.gif  Genereate Constructor Using Fields with Jackson Annotations [message #1053900] Wed, 08 May 2013 06:55
Rex Kim is currently offline Rex KimFriend
Hello guys,
I have just joined the forum, and I am very happy to be a part of Eclipse forum.

I have been writing Java server using Eclipse and It has been very helpful. I, especially enjoy code auto generations such getters and setters, constructor, toEquas...etc.

I am currently using Jackson JSON Processor to Serialize and Deserializes object, but it was always pain in the ass to write Immutable Object with @JsonCreator annotation, and @JsonProperty annotations for each constructor arguments.

So, I would like to write a plug-in that generates Constructor with using Fields with Jackson JSON annotations.
I am new to PDE, and I would like to have some help on some of these PDE components.

I am currently looking at source code for GenerateNewConstructorUsingFieldsAction, but I do not understand How it is getting fields for the Java source code and generates View.

And also, If it is possible, I would like to make this as Command-Handler Patter rather than Action.

If you guys can give me a hint on, where to start on plug-in, I would be very grateful!

Thank you guys!
Previous Topic:Implement FormEditor for own XML format / Java model
Next Topic:Editor Context Menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 09:07:18 GMT 2024